Keeping Outlook contacts in sync with Gmail

Last Updated:

1. heinduplessis

heinduplessis Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to keep my Outlook contacts in sync with Gmail's (and thereby my Android's)?

I've just tried Go Contact Sync, no luck.

or..

Is there a proper sync suite out there? I've purchased Mark/Space's Missing Sync - it's not working at all. The new HTC Sync 3.0 for 2.2 Android is not working either.

Advertisement
  2. eelton

eelton Member

3. heinduplessis

Great, thanks will give it a try once Missing Sync gives my money back...

4. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

I second eelton's recommendation. I've been using it for zonks (the early v1 days) to keep my contacts and calendars in sync.

It also has the benefit of having a raft of synchronization options and seems to work with everything I've thrown at it thus far.

R

5. Jezston

Jezston Well-Known Member

Ooh I may check this out!

How does it compare with HTC Sync for the simple task of syncing your Outlook with your Android device? Whenever I've tried syncing my HTC Desire after my initial 'copy all my Outlook contacts to the phone' stage it's made a TOTAL mess of my contacts on both my PC AND my phone!

6. rickt99

rickt99 New Member

When you say that the Missing Sync isn't working, what does that look like? The Missing Sync normally syncs with Outlook pretty well. You might want to create a support ticket with the team at Mark/Space, so that they can assist you in resolving this:

https://support.markspace.com

7. heinduplessis

it stalls while syncing until it times out with an exception. I've logged this with markspace, but support is light and everything they suggested I've tried, but no luck.

I'd love to get it to work, since it's got amazing advertised features, but it's just no-go at the moment. I've asked for a refund.