• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keeping screen on while on motorcycle

FordF2

Lurker
Aug 21, 2010
Hi, all...I've searched, but can't find an answer for this one.

I have a new Skyrocket, AT&T. I like the phone a lot. However, I use it to listen to streaming with StreamFurious, with bluetooth, on my motorcycle helmet. I am usually charging via usb cable, while I am riding, to keep from draining the battery all the way down.

Sometimes I want to change the channel, and I can do it quickly, if the screen is still active, but once the screen lock goes on, I have to pull over, to hit the power button, then unlock it, and then change channels. I had a captivate before this phone, and recall having an app, that would allow the screen to stay on, whenever it was charging, but can't remember the name of the app.

Does anyone know of a similar app for the skyrocket, or another way to keep the screen on all the time?

Thanks!

R

Looked at it - WAY over my head! I'm a pretty simple user, will have to wait until I'm retired, to play with Tasker...

;) :D

Thanks,

R
lol - yeah, tasker can get pretty complicated but once you understand the basics, its really easy to setup some basic profiles.

for your request, all you need to do is add a "state" - "power" - "any". Then add a new task "display" - "stay on" - "with usb"

done. This will keep the screen on any time you have it plugged in via USB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones