Keeping the Desire runing nicely

Last Updated:

1. jaspabt1

jaspabt1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 13, 2010

As a new user to Android i was wondering if there is any kind of maintenance that needs to be done on my Desire to keep it running all ship shape?
    I try out a lot of apps and also use it as a storage drive. I run cleaners and disk scanners etc on my PC so wondered if this also needed to be done on my Desire.
    If so, any apps/programs you recommend?
    many thanks

DCFC79 likes this.
  2. dunbad

dunbad Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I just bought systempanel from the market, its like a task manager that keeps an eye on how your phone is running. It got great got a task killer also if your into that. I just got it to litterly keep an eye on how my phone was running or if anything was using up an awful lot of cpu our battery. It can map things pretty well. Wouldn't say it was essential from the light use I've had out of it, just handy for quick and easy piece of mind. Astro file manager though I would get, its free, and very good. Back up all your apps via astro to the sd card, then delete them off your phone (the less important ones), then when your in spain like I am now and need google translate, simply go into astro, reinstall it direct from astro, a few second later I was up and away, brilliant! Many uses out of astro.
    incsmiro likes this.