Keeping the screen on while charging. Bad for phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. Nightfall

Nightfall Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love my Droid incredible. I use it to stream Pandora here at work and it works awesome over the 3g network. Even at high quality. Anyway, I was considering keeping the screen on while the phone is charging. I always keep the phone charging while it streams the music, and it would be nice to see the album art on the screen. Before I do that though, I was a little concerned about damage to the screen. Is there any danger I should worry about? There have to be people who do this all the time and never had an issue before.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The only problem could be overheating, which will stop the phone from charging (light will flash green/red) but won't damage anything.

3. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member

I read a few post on here of people getting burn ins on their screens. You may want to be aware of that.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

This is definitely an issue with the AMOLED screen, especially if you have it on full brightness. There are pics somewhere on this forum that clearly shows the burn-in issue on a DInc.

Edit: Found the post that shows the burn-in issues.
    http://androidforums.com/1095667-post15.html

5. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I noticed my wife's Incredible's screen stays on, albeit dimmed, while it's charging overnight. I don't think it's intentional. How do you turn off the screen while charging?

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Settings/Applications/Development, then uncheck "Stay Awake".