Keeping the screen on while using phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Question: Is there a way to keep the screen on while using the phone? Whenever I make or answer a call, during the conversation the screen goes dark. Sometimes I need to put the phone on mute or speakerphone but I'm afraid I'll disconnect the call pushing either of the hard buttons. Touching the screen doesn't seem to do anything.

Advertisement
  2. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

Level the phone and it should be able to wake. If it doesn't press the end key ONCE (I know, that was the stupid thing about HTC to combine wake/power/end key)

Use a microphone earphone so you can continue to hear and talk while using your phone.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That feature of the Eris going to sleep momentarily while using it on a phone call is something I like, having come from the Samsung Instinct; the Instinct does not have that feature and all sorts of things used to happen depending on what part of the screen might have been touched by my ear, cheek or fingers holding the phone.

There is a half-second or so of lag from the moment the device is leveled until the screen appears, though, but I've learned to anticipate that and it is now not an issue.

4. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Get the app Screebl. It is awesome. It will keep the screen awake as long as you are moving it or if it stays at a certain angle, which you can adjust. Best app ever. I can't live without it now.

Also, it sounds like something isn't working right with your proximity sensor. It should wake the phone as soon as you pull it away from your face. At least that's what mine does... maybe it is Screebl. But I seem to remember it doing that before I got Screebl. Anyways, try it out!

5. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I remember someone saying that you can press the trackball too. Never tried it though.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i heard that too, i think the last OTA addressed this issue.

7. OfTheDamned

As in removed it or added it?

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

added it....pretty sure.

9. OfTheDamned

Yep, just tested it and the trackball works.

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Yet another use for the Eris trackball.

I feel so.. so Blackberryish now.

:D etc.

11. 5thAgent

5thAgent Well-Known Member

Trackball's always been my method, and I've been having mixed results with Screebl. Sometimes my phone just shuts the screen off a few seconds after I've touched it, even when upright. Screebl should be controlling that... I think Locale might be screwing with Screebl though, so I need to look into that.