keeping track of 3g usageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fragologist

fragologist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use slacker radio most of the work day on my phone. I do have an unlimited plan but I've heard that if you go above a certain amount VZW will start to charge you. should I keep track of the 3g and limit slacker usage?

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

No, you should be ok. But just for your own knowledge, use My Verizon. It's an app in the Market that I use every other day to keep tabs on minutes, texts, data, when they reset, and account info.

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Hey smacky...is it true that if you tether using EasyTether or PDAnet, you can't go over the 5 gb limit? What happens if you do? Thanks.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

I've gone over plenty. A member on here shocked me when he told me he had gone through 55 GB solely through tethering as he used it as his sole ISP. That may be a bit too overboard, but I haven't been in trouble for going over 5GB using the phone for torrents.

ttran97 likes this.
  5. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just dont want to get hit with surprise charges. But yeah, the My Verizon app is pretty good and tells me everything i need to know about my account. I'll limit my tether to just surfing and chatting...no torrenting.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Yeah, if you do that, you shouldn't go over 5GB.

I read we technically should not be tethering with our phones without first paying VZW. But no one has gotten caught yet, so screw it.

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

if verizon busts you with a bill for data usage through your 3g when you have an unlimited data plan....that sounds like lawsuit material. false advertising anyone? if you pay for unlimited, you should be able to go through TBs and they cant say anything about it. thats the reason you payed for unlimited.
    however if you are using tethering, they can bust you for as much as 1kb if you dont have it included on your plan. they dont, but they can.