Keeping two phones

Last Updated:

1. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I couldn't decide which phone, I ordered two.

I kid you not.

I guess this isn't a stupid question

I am not in the best financial shape to keep both (certainly in better shape than to go with a more expensive carrier for long term contract monthly)

..BUT, might someone give me some ideas as to what I could do, or what others do (I am sure I am not alone) when they carry two phones??
    Some prolly involve getting a second line, those ideas are welcome. Some prolly don't involve getting another line/sim card -- those too are welcomed. Maybe games, mp3 player... Battery is short, switch phones.
    That last idea would be great if they coulid give you two sim cards with the same number wouldn't it.

They still can't give out two sim cards with the same sim card and numbe will they?

Anyway, any ideas are welcome.
    I don't wanna make this a post about which one to keep because I have asked for advice and you alll have been generous with advice

But if it came down to there are ZERO things to do with it feel free to give ur advice , the Nexus and Vibrant

I was set on coming back to the Nexus until I see that they are actually NOT all that different AND I am not fully certain on where my support would come from when sales stop

It does say it will continue for people who have bought them
    BUT it is vague. MY supervisor friend said that it is only guaranteed for 90 days.
    s
    So any help with ideas on what people do when they have two phones would be appreciated

Thanks
    Eric

Advertisement
  2. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

The Nexus One has a one year warranty. HTC will have to honor it. It has nothing to do with Google. If you call them about the N1, all they do is transfer you to HTC.

There's no reason to carry two phones. You'd have to swap the SIM back and forth, or get a second line. Just pick one. I personally think the Nexus One is a better phone because I like stock Android, and the faster updates, but it's your money.

3. eric0668

Hey, Hegemony,
    Thanks for really putting it out there for me. It is terrible for me to be so indecisive.

I did go and made the decision
    It was what you said about no reason to have two phones that really makes me feel better

I believe that HTC would have to honor the warranty, It is just that with thsi last return, I am sure it was a fluke, it took 3 weeks to get a refund and it had taken a week

Well, again, I know HTC would have to honor it. But I don't wanna set myself up, especially if I am not as directly to one side of the argument as you

I prefer stock drroid. But I am experiencing now first hand, BUT read about the Galaxy firsthand and it is great. Also I read the article today that spoke about google stopping sales, and in doing that now, they are immediatley being overtaken as the TOP phone in tmoibile and one of the top droid phones period, the Vibrant (Galaxy)...quote/unquote.
    that, like you helped me decide

on paper, the stats only compare to the Vibrant because of Froyo. And this will get it one day by the end of the year

thanks for not laying it out there again for me. I hiope you know you helped and gave me a piece of mind

4. rhonin

rhonin Member

Talked to an HTC rep on warranty issues...

Said that the Nexus One will be supported and they are still producing them. What is stopping is the sale directly from Google on-line.
    Carriers that are selling and/or subsidizing will still be selling the N1.

As I am an AT&T user, if I have a hardware issue I will have no problem being serviced.

btw - took a while to get to a cs rep - wow

5. eric0668

If I were to get/keep both phones LOLL anyone ever done that? would that serve any purposes?

thanks

6. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

Just a side note.. HTC gives refurbished phones through the warranty not new ones..

7. eric0668

Thanks VMX..

Im not sure what part that played

fwiw, I am the one myself who always wanted the new phone back myself, especially if it is within the two week period, WHICH YOU ARE GUARANTEED...or you could simply return it

However after that period, you will NORMALLY get a refurb one like you said. But there are times when you get a new one. I'd say about ten percent of the time

But Refurb phones, and other electronics fwiw go thru more stringent testing and you get a great product

but again, not sure how that came into play.
    My main point of concern is who/where people will still be talking about the phonen and where I can get support for an item that is discontinued..

My main answer that has bee nfound is:

1. they prolly are NOT closing down Nexus support phone line
    2. forums

thanks again

I did end up going with one phone tho, the Vibrant.
    It is absolute the closest thing next to godliness for anything in the phone area, espec for someone who doesn't get much (that is why I questioned if I can REALLY afford to treat myself to two phones LOL) and has had rough health the past two years, cancer

The phone is great. Not crazy about Samsung UI, whatever they call it, but I can live with it

night
    Eric