1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping your applications?

Last Updated:

1. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there is a way to make back-ups with apps such as titanium (if it's called something else I apologize) and a few other apps as well.

However, say you are not rooted and you have a few apps that are on your phone is there a way to go to the apps after plugging it into the PC and putting the apps on your PC as a back-up without having to use a app to back up the apps?

What about if you were rooted, what are the steps in getting the apps that are downloaded on your phone?

I don't mean by batch wise, but get each and individual app off the phone and on a PC as a back-up if that makes sense?

Just curious! :)

Advertisement
  2. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Try MyBackUp on the Market. It will backup your Apps and Data to your SD card. I use it all the time.

3. Shorte85

Will MyBackup end up putting it all into one file, or will it save it individually if that makes sense?

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

it saves them as individual installation files (.apk) organized into a folder. There is one .apk for every app.

5. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Use appbrain.com to sync your apps. If your phone gets wiped you just reinstall the appbrian app and it will have all of your apps ready to reinstall. I have wiped my phone 3 times and each time I have used appbrain to reinstall all of my apps. However, it doesn't save your app data so you'd have to use something else to back that up. I'm rooted so I use titanium backup.

6. Shorte85

Oh, okay! Cool, was what I was wondering about. I wonder if it does the same thing for the paid apps that you get through the market?

Thanks, I'll definitely have to look into it since I'll be rooting my phone either today or tomorrow. :) Just waiting for a fix from the unrevoked team which they updated today and said that it's on the way just need to test it and etc. :)

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Yes it does the same thing for paid apps. If you are going to be rooting you will use titanium backup for all of your backup/restore needs. Get the paid version, it's worth more than what you pay for it.

8. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

100% agreed. +1 and all that jazz.

Some apps will not see you as having purchased them and you will have no recourse other than trying to reach them via support. Others will just let you download the .apk and save it for future installs. Titanium is the bomb. Way worth the buy.

Just be sure to make backups of your flash to your computer(s) in case. It would have saved me a lot of time and effort. Oh, AND! Get yourself a good 16+ gig sdhc! It will make a massive difference so long as you keep it backed up!

9. Shorte85

I will definitely have to do that. :)

Thanks, guys for all this information. I do appreciate it. :)