Keeping Your System Happy and Healthy??

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there a lots of things I do to keep my computer happy and working well:
    Defrag, registry cleaner / repair, clearing out internet cookies and whatnot, etc.

I don't know much about Linux, though, (which is what android is based on, correct?). Do we need to do these types of things to keep the phone running well (because, to be honest, it's pretty much a computer)? Or are those just things that all of us Windows users have to worry about and nobody else does? lol

Advertisement
  2. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Yea not that big of a deal. Not sure what file system they are running but I'm sure that it won't require defragmentation. As far as registry there is no registry in linux its more based on .ini files and what not. Makes for much cleaner installation and un-installation but makes for some other challenges in some development. Then clearing out cookies and things of that nature are only when you're having trouble browsing pages and what not. It can happen in both places but its usually only a problem when user error is at play.