. Keeps Popping Up!Support

Last Updated:

1. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed since the 2.2 Update (from Telus) that whenever I'm typing a message/email/etc, when I push the space bar it frequently puts a . after every word. I don't think my thumb has grown any bigger since the update so I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

For example if I wanted to type " Hey how's it going?" it will often come up like "Hey. How's. It. Going?" and I then have to try and retype it properly.
    Is it possible that the "." button programming is overlapping into the right side of the space bar??

Anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. flashsam

flashsam Well-Known Member

If you double tap the space bar then it puts in a full stop then a space. Is it possible you are accidentally double tapping when pressing the space bar?

3. MDesire2010

Hmm....I don't believe I am, but I will take note in the next day and see. Perhaps I'm still recovering from the shock of being able to upgrade to 2.2!

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Also recalibrate your keyboard.

5. MDesire2010

I re-calibrated the screen for typing a few days ago, but I don't think it's gotten any better since then. Also upon closer viewing when it happens it doesn't put a space between the . and the next letter, so I don't think I'm double tapping the space bar.

Like above it should come out like this " Hey how's it going?", but instead it comes out as "Hey.How's.It.Going?" (no spaces between words you see)

Any other thoughts?