• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keeps restarting.

Cursed Chico

Jul 9, 2011
I recently did not install or update applications. A few hours ago, i opened phone and when i clicked an app, it gave error "the xx applciaton has stopped". For example twitter whatsapp but not camera but in camera there was no gallery.

I restarted a few times and now it can not be opened, keeps restarting after loading os and when it says "preparinbg sd card" , it begins to restart.

I can not remember but my rom is aurorasp 4.0.4

I dont want to lose data, how can i backup? My pc doesnot see while phone in pink screen or while power off. What can i do?

(in pink screen, ican only see image file)

Hi Chico, You say it will go to Pink screen? Can you select your Image from there?
This phone has 2GB Internal Flash memory. Have you used a File Manager (Astro) and previously moved what was on the Flash memory to your SD card?
What you will lose will be your Contacts, Messages, Photos or Music.
Photos should be in the Gallery which can be stored on the SD card.
Music can be replaced so you may have to do a Reset to get the phone back to normal.

I can't find any way you can stop the Restarts from occurring without a Reset.
Did you Download/Install an App before this trouble happened? :smokingsomb:
That could be the reason for this problem you now have. Sorry Neil.:)

Upvote 0
Hi Chico, HOLD everything!!! After Posting my reply to you earlier - I had my spare U8800 connected to the computer to top up the battery. I unplugged it and would you believe it went into RESTART Mode like your phone. :eek:
I almost went into panic mode myself then I thought has this anything to do with being connected to the computer.
I went and got my #1 U8800 phone and checked with it plugged into the comp - then disconnected. No problems - it started after shut down and works quite normally.

So I then pulled the battery out of the Restarting phone and it felt a little swollen in the center. :smokingsomb:

The battery is at fault with mine so I suggest you get another new battery for your phone to test before you do a RESET!!! Cheers Neil. :D

Upvote 0
Hi Chico, You say it will go to Pink screen? Can you select your Image from there?
This phone has 2GB Internal Flash memory. Have you used a File Manager (Astro) and previously moved what was on the Flash memory to your SD card?
What you will lose will be your Contacts, Messages, Photos or Music.
Photos should be in the Gallery which can be stored on the SD card.
Music can be replaced so you may have to do a Reset to get the phone back to normal.

I can't find any way you can stop the Restarts from occurring without a Reset.
Did you Download/Install an App before this trouble happened? :smokingsomb:
That could be the reason for this problem you now have. Sorry Neil.:)

No mine is not about battery :)

I wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache and installed

update2 and AuroraSP+ from xda one by one. After installiğing update2, i can open phone noiw, my apps and data still exist but as soon as open, all applications crash, also sometimes launcher crash. I cant open any applications. Also superuser crash, so i cant backup anything from internal.

I have 16 gb sdext also. I will lose contacts and some internal data apps.

I did not install or update any applicaiton before this restart started

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones