Kenwood DDX9902S and Android Auto notification volume

Last Updated:

1. XTF Jimbo

XTF Jimbo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone. I just purchased and installed a Kenwood DDXS9902S and I am using in Android Auto mode with a Samsung Galaxy S6.

The only issue I am having is I get no notification sounds and no incoming call sounds. I can hear "OK Google", Navigation prompts, and media just fine. However, when I receive a text message or a phone call I only get on-screen notifications. If I go into settings while Android Auto is active, the sound volume indicates the ring volume is muted by Android Auto and the notification volume is maxed.

If I connect with only Bluetooth then I get all the sounds (including ringing and notifications), but I lose the benefits of Android Auto.

Does anyone have any tips to get the notification and call ringing working?

Thanks,
    James

Advertisement
    kildagwayaa likes this.
  2. kildagwayaa

kildagwayaa New Member

Hi,
    I too cannot receive text notifications on my Samsung S6 Edge. I spoke with support and they cant even figure this out. I have to keep an eye on my phone so that I don't miss any text messages. Any solutions?

3. frome901

frome901 Member

Im on a note 5 and have the same issue with the same head unit. additionally i noticed that after i unplug from the car my screen time out has been reset to the minimum and my sound is on, doesn't matter how it is set, mute/vibrate/on i have full sound until i toggle it.