Kernal change: nothing is happening?

Last Updated:

1. Sheriff Austin

Sheriff Austin Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from an iPhone, I know...swear words!!! Can they ban me for saying that here? lol

Anyways, I have rooted and loaded the SuperDark v1.1 ROM and it all looks great. But when I go to load a kernal through ROM Manager, specifically JT's non-voodoo kernal, i feel like nothing really happens. Yes it reboots and loads the kernal (all the screen blips ive seen others describe all happens). But it reboots in less than a minute, and the Kernal version in the settings doesnt change, its still 2.6.29.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

.29 is the android 2.1 kernel....that wont change until froyo which will be .32....go into setcpu under info and you will see (at least) the build date of the kernel....most of us flash kernels through clockwork recovery and not rom manager though....rom manager can be a pita some times ;)

3. Sheriff Austin

Sheriff Austin Member This Topic's Starter

SetCPU gives this as its Kernal (and of course i dont really expect you to "know" this kernal, just that its not stock):

Linux Version 2.6.23 (willzyx@ubuntu-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67)) #1 Thu Nov 11 20:34:34 CST 2010

4. nitsuj17

Looks like 11/11 nonvoodoo to me based on date

5. drbenne

drbenne Active Member

so where is the kernal after you select it in rom manager? I looked on my sdcard and couldn't find it after selecting it in rom manager? I tried flashing stupidfast test v1.7 for dj05 through rom manager and I'm not sure it actually flashed. In setcpu the kernal i have has a build date of 12/05

6. nitsuj17

12/5 would be stupidfast 1.7 yes

but on ur sdcard it would be clockworkmod-downloads-whatever folder

7. drbenne

drbenne Active Member

good to know, thanks :)