Kernal for galaxy w

Last Updated:

1. I just looked on xda n I read that the galaxy w is the same as exhibit 2.but I found a over clock kernal on xda for the galaxy w
    ——---------------------------------------------------—-
    So I am here to present upon thee my newest and likely last ROM for the Galaxy W: The Kezra Value Pack!

So what's new in this ROM compared to Kezra V4?

Well first off it's based off of the newest EUR firmware by Samsung, the infamous Value Pack that adds Face Unlock among other features to our phone (if you want a full changelist, look it up, Google is your friend). As per usual in a custom ROM, this one is rooted, deodexed, busybox'd and all that pretty stuff.

The custom Kernel present in this ROM is Cowithgun's latest modification of the Arco68 kernel for our phones. It adds tons of neat features, among the biggest on them being the ability to overclock your phone up to 1800MHz should you want to.

I can assure you the ROM is quite stable and should work without a hitch.

As for differences with Kezra V4 in terms of the applications inside here's the quick rundown:

1. I have dropped my arrogance and included most apps that people want (except for Polaris Office) and use. If you don't want a certain app, feel free to use Titanium Backup to remove it.
    2. This ROM was shaped to be as close a copy of Cow's V7 ROM except that I have put an emphasis on the Gaming/Social aspect and left the Game and Social hubs from the TouchWiz Framework (CowPanel and Zeam are also included).
    3. Kept the Samsung boot animation and sound because I think it's prettier that way 

So here's the download links for those that want it:

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?evegdav60862a48
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a2881jow2u2782m
    (use HJSplit to join the 2 files and make the update zip)

Instructions:

1. Download files;
    2. Join files using HJSplit;
    3. Copy ZIP to SDCard;
    4. Format system/cache/data
    5. Flash ROM
    6. ????
    7. Profit!

Advertisement
  2. Nilpotent

Nilpotent Well-Known Member

Please do not use this ROM for the exhibit II except if you know what you are doing or don't care to loose most of what the phone can do. It is not the same phone.
  3. Oh.it says it was the same phone.don't use it
  4. surgerush

surgerush Well-Known Member

Close, but not close enough. There are differences between the phones that make the roms and kernals unusable on the other phone.

5. Oh
  6. Does the hotspot in cm9 work?