kernal source???

Last Updated:

1. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

does anyone have the kernal source so i can get ppl to help us root

2. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

I actually contacted them at PCD about it telling them they had to in complience with gnu gpl v2 and they pretty much blew be off. I face up on this phone as my wife no longer uses it. But I still gave it and am willing to mess with it provided we get some kernel source. I'm decent at building sweet kernels!
  3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

4. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

I emailed PCD and asked them about the source and so far they're shutting me down. The alcatel people, however, seem to honor the GPL. I followed a link on the alcatec one touche website and ended up here alcatel - Browse Files at .
  5. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Maybe we should contact alcatel about the venture source since its actually made by them!
  6. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

I contacted alcatel earlier today about it. When I used the form on their website, I got back a very rude response with a lot of capitol letters and "WE DON'T GIVE OUT THAT INFORMATION". When I called their 1800 number, I got to a person and showed him how there is actually a link to lots of source code on their FAQ and that they are legally supposed to be giving out the source code for all the kernels in all the android phones they ship.

After I showed him that, and he asked repeatedly what I wanted it for, and I told him it doesn't matter what I want it for, he got on the phone with somebody that hopefully knows more that him. I gave him my email address and I have his, but I doubt I'll ever hear back from him.
    joshua.worth and varenHjames like this.