• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kernals...

digdug1

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2010
ok so i get that everyone's phone reacts differently to different kernals. but what i'd like to know is what if i got a kernal that yields great results as far as performance, but drains the battery to quickly? im using chevy's ulv 1.25. will using set cpu to scale it back to 1.1 be as beneficial as using a new 1.1 kernal?

The "which kernel" question is best answered by trial and error...no one will be able to answer your question authoritatively, unfortunately.

Generally, lower clock speeds = better battery life, and less potential for "glitches" (spontaneous reboots, lock-ups, generally flaky behavior), but you might find a faster kernel could be nicer to your phone than a slower one...

There's a kernel thread sticky at the top of this forum...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones