• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kernel causing massive battery drain :/

AlanB1976

Jul 13, 2011
UK
Hey all
As with so many people, my battery is shocking. I got the SGS2 and cannot get through a working day without a charge. And that's with minimal use. Yes, yes, I know I can turn absolutely everything off but the point of my smartphone is, well, to be smart and have the connections I need. I downloaded bad ass battery monitor to determine what is consuming my battery. To my surprise, it's not my connections or any of the apps I got. It is the kernel. The kernel has consumed 80% of my battery, which is now dead after 8 hours. So how do I find what is causing the problem and how to fix it. It's not like I can just uninstall it :p
The kernel is Siyah 3.2b6. I thought that was supposed to be a good one. Forgive my noobness.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alan

Thanks for the reply. I posted here as it was a general kernel query, not specific to the model.
Yea, I am rooted running ICS 4.0.4 (DragonICS 2.4).
I did just download the new version of my kernel in hopes. I got to wait for some more battery charge until I can install it :p.
I am quite happy with everything at the moment (except for battery) so was hoping there was a way of sorting that out. I have bad luck of things breaking when fixing others so am hesitant on trying different kernels while everything is working nicely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones