• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kernel downgrade for s-off with moonshine : htc one sv boost

I managed to flash TWRP 2.8 with fastboot. Rooted, yay, but... can't remove bloatware, need s-off, otherwise files deleted from /system/app folder return after restart.

Settings | About | Software number | 3.05.653.4
I assume this is my current rom version. There is no matching rom version available in the moonshine download list.

Since I have TWRP 2.8 can I flash a downgraded kernel (same as rom?), do the s-off procedure then reflash the 3.05.653.4?

I have Titanium Backup.

Need step-by-step.

Ideas?

K2_CL with 4.2.2 only!

To install:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Write Protection Removed (Kernel)

Grab it from the link below:
http://d-h.st/IYV

If installed successfully you will see the following on your phone:

b474e990282f826fce08c6c98dca63b8.jpg

Upvote 0
I used rumrunner universal and got S-OFF, look over in XDA ONE SV forum , and I was on JB 4.2.2

[Q] S-Off HBOOT 2.21? | HTC One SV | XDA Forums

I assume this is the thread you're referring to. Let me see if I can find the correct link and instructions to use rumrunner universal. Thanks for the tip.

The thread above contains stability performance tips for someone like me, wading into rooting and modding this device.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones