1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Kernel for charging

1. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Is there a Kernel that allows us to charge like before 2.2? I tested the Inc with an ammeter on stock 2.2 and on SR 3.0 RC2 and both charge at only half the current we used to on 2.1. That is unacceptable and the reason a lot of people can't keep their phones charged while using GPS anymore. Surely there's a fix so far?

On a side note, any good kernel recommendations or a list where I can peruse our options and their features. Still running whatever kernel comes with SR 3.0 RC2.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

You could use the 1x radio. but wouldn't be able to use camcorder.. this is changed for 2,2 they did this on purpose to stop overheating battery i think,
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Since posting I found and downloaded the King BFS #3. Glad to see it was recommended. I noted that he said he fixed the charging issue, so hopefully it works...
  5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I have installed it and I can't say it is charging any too fast. It is charging very slow for me if it is that to which you were referring. I've not had it long enough to testify on overall performance yet. Will post once I can say something.

Update: I just realized that my testing on charging is going to be of little use right now because I have my SetCPU profile set to over clock the phone a bit while charging, which is going to cause the phone to charge more slowly. My bad.