• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] Franco Kernel Discussion (r68)

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
FranciscoFranco finally got his Nexus 5, and put in a LOT of work in the last day. Hes up to r10 and now has flashable zips available for those who don't want to muck around with fastboot flashes.

You can follow the progress of his development here:
[KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r10 - xda-developers

Go give the man a "thanks"! :)

So far today I've been listening to music for 4 hours straight and am sitting pretty at 88%.

Hes also included some nice color tweaks in the latest (r10 at the time of this writing) and I think it looks pretty good.

Really? I'm on r14 now and -75mV global, which has everything running flawlessly (including stellar battery life).

Yup, -75 gives me an instant reboot. Like I said, I'm on a lower bin CPU, so higher bins can likely go lower.

how did you undervolt? I've been looking on google and found different methods

I use the paid francokernel updater app. There are a few different apps out there that will allow you to do it, but I like to support the developers, and the app does much more than just check for updates. Its a full kernel control app

Upvote 0
I installed Franco r14
I purchased the paid apk. Is there a tutorial for this?
Has anyone touched on headset and speaker gain?

The app walks you through how to navigate and set things on boot. Make sure to pay attention to all of that when you open it up.

I don't use the headset or speaker gain through the app because I use the universal sound boost mod I posted in another thread here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones