• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

Great Kernel phones is running awesome ^_^, but one problem when I have a ON-DEMAND based governor on such as SmartAssV2, InteractiveX, OnDemand, OnDemandX, the camera doesn't like to take the picture correctly there is a strange shutter sound and sometimes the photo will not save I have even tried underclock it back down to 1000 and same thing so i know its not my frequency.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
Great Kernel phones is running awesome ^_^, but one problem when I have a ON-DEMAND based governor on such as SmartAssV2, InteractiveX, OnDemand, OnDemandX, the camera doesn't like to take the picture correctly there is a strange shutter sound and sometimes the photo will not save I have even tried underclock it back down to 1000 and same thing so i know its not my frequency.

Bloodawn has stated in this thread already that there is a known bug with the camera in hyper 1.5

Upvote 0
This kernel is great. Only a few small bugs. My camera lags when I try to take a picture. And when I shut my phone off to let it charge, I have to take the battery out and stick it back in before the phone will turn on. But you know what? My phone performs amazingly awesome with this kernel. When I first got my phone, it wouldn't run ANY of the games that my LG Optimus S would run, and that kinda pissed me off because I know this phone is more powerful. Well you know what? Now my games run, simply because of this kernel. So thank you for the hard work! I'll deal with the bugs, because I know you'll eventually fix them. Thanks so much for your hard work on this phone devs! This is the whole reason why I continue to use Android devices is because of the passion we people have, and we're not sheep and use ios devices lol.

Upvote 0
This kernel is great. Only a few small bugs. My camera lags when I try to take a picture. And when I shut my phone off to let it charge, I have to take the battery out and stick it back in before the phone will turn on. But you know what? My phone performs amazingly awesome with this kernel. When I first got my phone, it wouldn't run ANY of the games that my LG Optimus S would run, and that kinda pissed me off because I know this phone is more powerful. Well you know what? Now my games run, simply because of this kernel. So thank you for the hard work! I'll deal with the bugs, because I know you'll eventually fix them. Thanks so much for your hard work on this phone devs! This is the whole reason why I continue to use Android devices is because of the passion we people have, and we're not sheep and use ios devices lol.

The issue w/ the camera is known. If you REALLY need and use the camera a lot, you can always flash the 3-D kernel until this is fixed.

Also, if you decide to turn this kernel up to the max, try turning it up a little at a time. I turn mine up a notch and wait 5 or 10 minutes then turn it up again. Try playing with the I/O and Govs too.I agree w/ you, this is a great kernel and BLAZING fast!:D

Upvote 0

I'm working on the camera issue.

The phone not waking up isn't a bug, that means you set your min clock lower than your phone can handle. Mine does that when I set it to 120 but 220 works fine. Other people can do 120 without any problems, so it just depends on what works for your phone.

Reactions: phreak311
Upvote 0
UPDATE!

Here's an update for those of you having issues w/ the kernel and the camera shutter sound.

Early this morning I totally wiped my phone by installing the ZVC rooted update. I then went in to CWM and did a factory reset. Then I went about installing CTMod, then flashed the Hyper kernel and installed all of my apps via Titanium Backup. Guess what..... NO SHUTTER BUG anymore! I've been trying this thing out now for an hour and it is working perfectly. Don't know exactly what happened but I'm not complaining. Heh, whatta way to start a Monday.:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
what governor are you using? someone mentioned that the shutter problem only happened with one of the "on demand" based governors.

Negative. I was getting it with InteractiveX too.

Also...... just booted up tried it again and it hung on the first shot(shit) and that was it (lol). I took 10 after that and no more problems. Seems like after it gets past that first shot it works fine. Whatever it is I know that Blood will get it fixed. :D

Upvote 0
Negative. I was getting it with InteractiveX too.

Also...... just booted up tried it again and it hung on the first shot(shit) and that was it (lol). I took 10 after that and no more problems. Seems like after it gets past that first shot it works fine. Whatever it is I know that Blood will get it fixed. :D

AFAIK, interactiveX is an on-demand based governor.

Upvote 0
Can't wait for the camera shutter shit to get fixed, but until then just tweek your on demand based governors, and after the first pic like everyone said it works fine, other than that i love this kernel. Superfast LG MARQUEE BOOST

No doubt. All the extra setting really help out when I'm setting up profiles plus this thing is blazing FAST when turned up. :D

Upvote 0
No doubt. All the extra setting really help out when I'm setting up profiles plus this thing is blazing FAST when turned up. :D

This phone still has lots of untapped potential, I would like to see bloodawn incorporate the newly released linaro tool chain into his next ctmod. It has been released for 2.3 and 4.0. It has shown to increase performance as well as benchmark scores anywhere from 30% to 100%...:eek:

Upvote 0
This phone still has lots of untapped potential, I would like to see bloodawn incorporate the newly released linaro tool chain into his next ctmod. It has been released for 2.3 and 4.0. It has shown to increase performance as well as benchmark scores anywhere from 30% to 100%...:eek:

That would be awesome. I'm very happy w/ the performance of my Marquee so far w/ CTMod and the Hyper Kernel. Any other modifications that increase performance would just be extra icing on the cake. :D

Upvote 0
That would be awesome. I'm very happy w/ the performance of my Marquee so far w/ CTMod and the Hyper Kernel. Any other modifications that increase performance would just be extra icing on the cake. :D

Blood said he would have to build ctmod from source to incorporate linaro, and right now he is trying to fix the kernel.understandable. he built ct using pre built source. But he is planning to work on an update for this. But everyone needs to be patient he will give us great stuff but it takes time.

Upvote 0
Blood said he would have to build ctmod from source to incorporate linaro, and right now he is trying to fix the kernel.understandable. he built ct using pre built source. But he is planning to work on an update for this. But everyone needs to be patient he will give us great stuff but it takes time.

No doubt. Rushing and asking for ETA's is a BIG no no (lol). That's one of the first things I learned when I started coming to this site and it's very understandable.

Reactions: k28king1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones