• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

So I am wondering basically if you flashed the ZVC Link or the ZV4 and the MBv1.2zvc, you are not really updated? How can we update and keep CWM so that we can flash Hyper Kernel .2?
You can update to ZV4 and then flash this. The thing is, you can't update your ROM to MB at the moment, because that ROM is still a ZV3 rom that is made to think it's a ZV4.

This .2 was made from ZVC source, which means it was made from the newer SW version. Trying to use the new boot.img on an older/different rom is what causes it to hang.

Make sure you do your backup, because from the posts so far, I've only seen Sprint ZVC users confirmed that .2 works. Haven't seen a ZV4 confirm yet.

Upvote 0
You can update to ZV4 and then flash this. The thing is, you can't update your ROM to MB at the moment, because that ROM is still a ZV3 rom that is made to think it's a ZV4.

This .2 was made from ZVC source, which means it was made from the newer SW version. Trying to use the new boot.img on an older/different rom is what causes it to hang.

Make sure you do your backup, because from the posts so far, I've only seen Sprint ZVC users confirmed that .2 works. Haven't seen a ZV4 confirm yet.

he's wondering how to OTA update while not losing cwm/root

Upvote 0

I guess I'm confused. Isn't the latest MB ROM by Monster ZVC-based? Or did he only update the ZVC-based radio.img from his original zip image and hack the system/build.prop to make the system update process think it's already updated to ZVC? Just wondering.

Upvote 0
who wants to test some roms? my phones not active so I can't make sure 3g/calls/texts work before i make a thread for these.

ZVC-Rooted-Hyper0.2-Boost.zip
ZVC-Rooted-Hyper0.2-Sprint.zip

these are Stock Rooted ZVC ROM's with Hyper-Kernel 0.2 and adb enabled on boot. the only thing they don't include is the baseband.

Will this wipe out CWM? I guess if it's adb enabled on boot, you can re-install CWM if it's wiped out, correct?

Upvote 0
Isn't that what the ZV4_21 zip is? Thought that was the hacked updated for the Boost version. Or is that a Sprint update also?

I guess I'm confused. Isn't the latest MB ROM by Monster ZVC-based? Or did he only update the ZVC-based radio.img from his original zip image and hack the system/build.prop to make the system update process think it's already updated to ZVC? Just wondering.

The MB rom made with the zvc had too many fc's so its just the radio and a modified build.prop so u dont get update notifications. I could not make a stable rom because i couldnt get the update to patch the files correctly. Otherwise it would have been done already. Before when we didnt have a way to root the new version i could not get the necessary files without system fc's.

with the files from blood's rom it would most definitely work. Maybe tomorrow i will fix everything up

Upvote 0
I'll give it a shot since I'm breaking my phone so much tonight anyway. Let ya know in a few what happens Blood.
It loads, I didn't get a 3G indicator so I am restarting. Fingers crossed because it is really fast so far.
Still no 3G. Apparently I have no data for some reason.

thanks. ill see if i can find why 3g is broke.

Reactions: Capn069
Upvote 0

he's wondering how to OTA update while not losing cwm/root
Thanks for the quick response.. I can try to be more specific on my question:
1) If I have flashed the 'ZVC LINK' Update (When it was the first and only update zip) and then the MBv1.2zvc, have I actually updated, or just fooled the phone to think it is?
2) If flashing the 'ZVC LINK' doesn't really update, how can I update?

Really I just wanna be on a fully working ROM with Root, CWM, and the updated Kernel. Haha I am not sure if this is possible yet, but if anyone could point me in the right direction if it is I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks again guys.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick response.. I can try to be more specific on my question:
1) If I have flashed the 'ZVC LINK' Update (When it was the first and only update zip) and then the MBv1.2zvc, have I actually updated, or just fooled the phone to think it is?
2) If flashing the 'ZVC LINK' doesn't really update, how can I update?

Really I just wanna be on a fully working ROM with Root, CWM, and the updated Kernel. Haha I am not sure if this is possible yet, but if anyone could point me in the right direction if it is I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks again guys.

Monster knows best but I'll take a stab at it. Based on his previous answer, he said his MBv1.2zvc actually has the old ZV4 ROM contents (including all the apks) because the new ZVC contents don't work nicely with his MB customizations. So when you did the ZVC update, it DID do the update, but flashing MBv1.2zvc on top of that "undid" everything, except for the radio image. That's my guess. So you don't actually have a ZVC-based ROM, only its radio and hacked build.prop (to make it think like it's really ZVC).

I think Monster is probably trying to figure this out for those who wants a MB ROM but "really" based on ZVC.

If you want to try Blood's kernel, you may have to just go with Boost stock ZVC ROM, at least for now.

Upvote 0
Monster knows best but I'll take a stab at it. Based on his previous answer, he said his MBv1.2zvc actually has the old ZV4 ROM contents (including all the apks) because the new ZVC contents don't work nicely with his MB customizations. So when you did the ZVC4 update, it DID do the update, but flashing MBv1.2zvc on top of that "undid" everything, except for the radio image. That's my guess. So you don't actually have a ZVC-based ROM, only its radio and hacked build.prop (to make it think like it's really ZVC).

I think Monster is probably trying to figure this out for those who wants a MB ROM but "really" based on ZVC.

If you want to try Blood's kernel, you may have to just go with Boost stock ZVC ROM, at least for now.

bingo

Upvote 0
its just a rom and kernel, it doesn't touch cwm or anything else.

I've tested them both and they work, I just need to know calls and shit work.
I'm kicking myself now lol..3G doesn't work for Sprint, also. I had turned my wifi on to download a root app from the Market to make sure superuser worked right, and afterwards I had sent the MMS without turning my wifi off :eek:

So yeah, no-go on Sprint 3G either.

Upvote 0
I'm kicking myself now lol..3G doesn't work for Sprint, also. I had turned my wifi on to download a root app from the Market to make sure superuser worked right, and afterwards I had sent the MMS without turning my wifi off :eek:

So yeah, no-go on Sprint 3G either.

one of the permissions must be wrong since its not working on sprint too

Upvote 0
Monster knows best but I'll take a stab at it. Based on his previous answer, he said his MBv1.2zvc actually has the old ZV4 ROM contents (including all the apks) because the new ZVC contents don't work nicely with his MB customizations. So when you did the ZVC update, it DID do the update, but flashing MBv1.2zvc on top of that "undid" everything, except for the radio image. That's my guess. So you don't actually have a ZVC-based ROM, only its radio and hacked build.prop (to make it think like it's really ZVC).

Thank you for the explanation. Basically I flashed the zvc (not zv4) update, so I do want to switch to Boost's Update if possible. Then I flashed MBv1.2zvc, which was having issues so I flashed MBv1.2 and that is where I am right now. The only reason I asked if it actually updated is because under Running Services It still shows "Update Device".
So what I need to do after acquiring a successful ZV4 Update, is stay stock to flash the Hyper Kernel .2 and wait on an actual ZVC ROM (which |Monster| is working on)? Is that right?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the explanation. Basically I flashed the zvc (not zv4) update, so I do want to switch to Boost's Update if possible. Then I flashed MBv1.2zvc, which was having issues so I flashed MBv1.2 and that is where I am right now. The only reason I asked if it actually updated is because under Running Services It still shows "Update Device".
So what I need to do after acquiring a successful ZV4 Update, is stay stock to flash the Hyper Kernel .2 and wait on an actual ZVC ROM (which |Monster| is working on)? Is that right?

you just need to wait for bloodawn to fix the 3g issue

Upvote 0

you just need to wait for bloodawn to fix the 3g issue

As Monster stated, if you wait for Blood to get the 3G to work on his ZVC Boost ROM w/ his kernel, you can just flash his ROM without having to flash to ZVC first and then flash his kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones