[Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

1. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

Lol sorry... not really sure yet. I'm not anywhere with wifi right now but I can test rebooting with wifi on and wifi off with and without that property set when I get home in a couple hours.
    downthemachine likes this.
  2. mtb3000gt

mtb3000gt Well-Known Member

I just flashed this kernel on my rom and all seems well so far swap is setup and working fine and so far no issues with the wifi,,,this phone just keeps getting better and better thanks for all the hard work guys
  3. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

Are we free to use this in our ROMs? With proper credits, of course :)
  4. Shitididit2

Shitididit2 Well-Known Member

I finally found a OC kernel that I can run. I don't have a service on my warp but I am pleased to finally be able to "Install an OC Kernel" that will boot up. yeah on the IconRom v1.0.4
    mhannah3333 and downthemachine like this.
  5. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Of course!
    LilBit, mercury0x000d and mhannah3333 like this.
  6. drewhill77

Ok, I can confirm the wifi issue and that removing "video.accelerate.hw=1 " from build.prop fixes it...

As far as read_ahead_kb goes...testing with hdparm I found that 2048 is the optimal setting with my class 10 16gb sd card...I got 221886 kb/s buffer-cache read and 16020 kb/s buffered disk read
  7. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

thank you. I figured i couldn't be the only one.

So I've got a new mystery problem.
    With the non oc kernel everything works great but when i flash the oc kernel I've got two problems that pop up.

1) Wifi finds the network in trying to connect to but it won't connect to it. It tries to connect (even tries to verify) then it drops off. Not once have I gotten wifi to connect and been able to use it.
    I even took a long walk and tried on 3 other wifi spots.

2) Bluetooth connects and works great, however, it keeps asking for phonebook access every time I connect even though I checked the box for it to remember my selection.

I flash back to the beta copy of the oc kernel and the problems don't exist.

Is there anything that's incompatible with the kernel that may cause the problems? Or any ideas what between the beta copy and the one in the op may have changed that might cause this?

Smoothkaos had these same issues with my Rom and the new oc kernel and didn't have them with the non oc.
  8. downthemachine

Do you have alot of additions to the build.prop? The beta team had IP address issues on wifi and we found that it was something in the build.prop
  9. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

I do have a number of tweaks but i thought about the tweaks in the build.prop and tried with all tweaks removed and still had these problems.
  10. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Well-Known Member Developer

I found this on xda.. its a good explanation on cpu governors

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856256

Explanation on i/o scheduling

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817839
    LilBit and Krowbarr like this.
  11. downthemachine

Io scheduling in the next version
    Krowbarr likes this.
  12. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Well-Known Member

So which wifi issue is adressed with that build.prop. also any side effects from removing it speedtest or smoothness wise
  13. drewhill77

Two questions:

1. Is init.d support initalized in this kernel or was that only a feature in project yoshi?

2. Is the source code for your kernel available? I'm curious to see if I can get it to compile...never could get hroarks to. Also would like to try compiling a couple modules against it for my own testing.
  14. downthemachine

Well mine is based off hroarks, source is not yet gpl compliant. Because I do not have wifi at home to push it to my github. And it does have init.d support started in the init.rc in ramdisk
  15. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

Isn't init.rc like the Android version of the DOS autoexec.bat? And is it the same for Linux as well?
  16. cartersball

cartersball Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any issues with screen brightness after flashing this kernel?? I flashed OC kernel over Icon ROM 1.0.4 this morning and couldn't adjust the screen brightness, had to load my nandroid. After reloading the nandroid I made prior to flashing kernel all was well with screen brightness. Will test it out again, just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or seen it in any capacity before.
  17. Bocephus87

Bocephus87 Well-Known Member

I havent tried reflashing yet, but i find the sticky toggles issue in general can be worked around by turning off WiFi, rebooting, then enabling the setting before turning WiFi back on. I was out in the sun today and had to adjust my brightness to max, and that's when i discovered it wasnt sticking like the keyboard settings. Tried to Fix Permissions with no success.

What were your oc settings? Installed SetCPU only to verify it was running at 1600 Max and 122 Min
    Governor OnDemand*
    Min 122
    Max 1600
    Any profiles you had set ie screen off None Set
    Was wifi on? WiFi on caused the sticky issues for me
  18. downthemachine

It is possible, what were your oc settings?
    Governor
    Min
    Max
    Any profiles you had set ie screen off
    Was wifi on?

Please from now on can everyone use this template to report an error
    LilBit likes this.
  19. cartersball

On demand
    Screen On
    Not 100% sure. My WiFi tends to turn itself on by itself even after I have turned it off in settings. Let's assume that it was probably on.

The Max and Min were from the profile. Normal max and min is 1612 and 122
  20. downthemachine

You may run into issues setting a value between 368 and 768. These are freq that are not in the original source.
    Try to set below that and report any changes.
    Stuff not setting usually has to do with a script in init.d.
    LilBit and cartersball like this.
  21. cartersball

I'll give it another try tonight. Thanks for the info!!:)
  22. downthemachine

Mind you this is all new. It passed the first round of testers.
    Error reports are needed to develop
    Thank you
    LilBit likes this.
  23. Bocephus87

Bocephus87 Well-Known Member

No worries, and I'm quite enjoying it! I was walking around Wilmington, DE for 4 hours today and had 0% Time Without Signal, with WiFi on and searching for a network the entire time
  24. mtb3000gt

mtb3000gt Well-Known Member

I have been using the oc kernel all day and i have to say its amazing to have the 1.6 overclock and swap support the phone runs better then my girl htc evo 4g lte,,,thanks again for a great kernel and all the hard work cant wait to see what else you guys have in store for us
  25. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Well-Known Member Developer

My brightness adjuster works fine on my end. Automatic brightness works and screen not dim.
    LilBit likes this.