[Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

1. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

Yea its cool but without wifi or 4g you'd need to be setting on a cell tower to have a good enough connection for it to work good enough to be worth it.

Personal I've got none of that so yea.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
  2. xkalibur32

xkalibur32 Well-Known Member

I have not had any freezes, problems, gripes or complaints since i have been running this kernel, I love it, a whole day and i have not had to restart my phone. Seriously happy. Wondering whats next.
    downthemachine likes this.
  3. dirtyredz

dirtyredz Well-Known Member

I have no problem using the back cam for video chat
  4. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

Ok after much testing I've found a set (its a group that works tward one goal) of build.prop tweaks that cause wifi to connect to a network but have no internet access.
    Not sure if any roms use this or not but i accidentally put it in mine (tested it long ago and somehow ended up with it in my newer builds)

Anyway the lines are.

#Get more ram and faster by disabling verify-bytecode
    Dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=v,m=y
    Dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=y
    Dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=false
    Dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=1
    Dalvik.vm.checkjni=0
    Dalvik.vm.checkjni=false
    Dalvik.vm.check-dex-sum=false
    Dalvik.vm.jniopts=warnonly
  5. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

For anybody that wants it here is the new splash image i will be using with DTM's kernel for my rom

[​IMG]
  6. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

Has anybody looked into trying to incorporate dalvik turbo?
  7. shinru2004

Dalvik Turbo is only useful on android 2.2 it acted like the Dalvik Jit. That was before google added the jit compiler, Nowadays dalvik turbo is useless. The only version available to the general public is for the Mips architecture you would have to work for Qualcomm or one of the other companies to get a licence.
    ZTEW and drewhill77 like this.
  8. drewhill77

drewhill77 Well-Known Member

Thanks... I've been wondering about that but hadn't been able to find any good solid information.
    shinru2004 likes this.
  9. fgcu340

fgcu340 Well-Known Member

Tried both non oc & oc. They both freeze at start up. I'm using shin's rom. I did wipe cache & dalvik
  10. shinru2004

Remove loopysmoothness from init.d then it will boot fine.
  11. fgcu340

fgcu340 Well-Known Member

How do I do that?
  12. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Totally got ninja'd
  13. downthemachine

I can note this in the OP if needed. I was a multi-rom issue with the non oc.
  14. shinru2004

/system/etc/init.d/loopysmoothness

Just delete the script with any root explorer
    fgcu340 likes this.
  15. shinru2004

That would be awesome thanks. It will be fixed in beta-4 so its only needed for the current version or any rom running the script.
  16. downthemachine

Mrbobo and i kinda came up with a weird solution. You could use the old method to activate scripts in init.d post boot with the install-recovery.sh method. Just set up a 2nd init.d folder named init.d2 or init.e place the scripts you want post boot and change the entry in install-recovery.sh to match your other folder. Quick fix :cool:
  17. shinru2004

I might try that. Also any input on the splash image I made? Or any ideas for a new one someone might want for their rom? The green clashed with my rom. Also let me know if someone wants a themed setup wizard.
  18. downthemachine

I like it, I thought it would be funny to make the one for oc have flames lol. Or maybe a processor melting in the background. The current splash is the only one I have, except for mrbobo's. And I'm the opposite of an art major!
  19. shinru2004

Lol, I actually happen to have majored in art. I will see what I can do for ya. That way the project yoshi kernel can be distinguished apart from your personal release. :)

EDIT: I'm off work Friday so I will try to get it done for you. As well as finish up my rom but no promises there.
  20. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

And users of this method sit in front of mirrors to see the face of who they're talking to lol

That may sound silly, but you know if Apple came up with the idea, suddenly everyone would be making phones like that. I can see it now... the all new MirrorTime, only available on the iPhone 17! :p
  21. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d Digital Packrat Guide

I like it! May I use a derivative of this to make a logo to sit beside the Snapdragon one on my ROM?
  22. shinru2004

Yes you may. If you want a copy without the text let me know.
    mercury0x000d likes this.
  23. Smoothkaos

Smoothkaos Well-Known Member

I really feel this thread should be stickied due to it being the kernel(s) that works across all avenues. Calling all guides can you make this happen so we're not searching for it every time we need a kernel?
  24. cartersball

cartersball Well-Known Member

Link to it already in the ATR Guide. In fact it is one of only two links under Kernels.
    Smoothkaos likes this.
  25. downthemachine