Kernel Help needed please

Last Updated:

1. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

tried to flash the Kingxkernel and the phone hung at the Htc Incredible screen. Now before you go all "then dont use it", I thought to myself "self, just flash back to the kernel you had before instead of waiting on a nandroid" and that did the same thing? No errors during the flash at all, so I restored all was well and tried a couple of other kernels I had successfully flashed the other day and they did the same thing!? so just restored again and thought I'd ask.

I have had this issue before on 2.1, as well as sometimes getting boot write errors flashing roms (with something other than a stock kernel) but like I said none of these kernels threw any errors whatsoever.

Any of you folks that are better at this stuff than me have any pointers? something I should wipe first, anything? I already tried different sd cards and stuff like that I'm just confused:confused:

BTW: running 3rd wave with the hydra ocuv-ov

Advertisement
  2. Therev29

Therev29 Well-Known Member

This happened to me too, not sure the cause. i could nand restore the boot files to get back to my stock kernel but any other kernel i tried froze on the HTC screen. I had to do a full nand backup before flashing a hydra kernel again. also flashing a new rom made it so i could get the kernels to load again.

+1 would like to know too

3. gruss

Ok, I tried frankenRom and the install bombed, error writing boot. I wiped everything using clockwork! Well everything but the SD card, and when it booted only thing I noticed that was changed was the signal meter, still had txt, homescreen etc. Wtf? Tried a previous nand still couldn't do kernels so now um in tbe same place I was at noon. Really I want to know why this stuff bombs writing boot, and how I can format a partition in clockwork and yet all my data is still there? Might have to root the Eris and use that :p

4. gruss

Bump, no one? Anyway I installed skyraider vanilla without a hitch, gonna roll senseless for a while to see what the fuss is about. Was able to flash kernels, would love to know what is going on though, maybe phone just doesn't like some ROMs?