• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kernel help

Reallz

Sep 25, 2010
First of all I just want to say thank you to the great people on here , because without you guys I wouldn't be rooted .my question that I have is, how can I just install a kernel ? I have fresh 3.3 but I wanna change the kernel without losing the Rom. I have tried a couple times with no success.please help.

Download the kernel zip file, put it on the root of your sd card, reboot into recovery (hold volume down while powering up) wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, select install zip file from sd card, select file and hit the power button. It will run for a few seconds, tell you its done, select reboot and you are done!
Check out Kings kernels, they are good, also netarchy. Kings plays nicer with my evo. Also be sure if you are running a havs kernel you either turn off the profiles in setcpu or uninstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones