kernel help

Last Updated:

1. Reallz

Reallz Member This Topic's Starter

First of all I just want to say thank you to the great people on here , because without you guys I wouldn't be rooted .my question that I have is, how can I just install a kernel ? I have fresh 3.3 but I wanna change the kernel without losing the Rom. I have tried a couple times with no success.please help.

Advertisement
  2. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

Download the kernel zip file, put it on the root of your sd card, reboot into recovery (hold volume down while powering up) wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, select install zip file from sd card, select file and hit the power button. It will run for a few seconds, tell you its done, select reboot and you are done!
    Check out Kings kernels, they are good, also netarchy. Kings plays nicer with my evo. Also be sure if you are running a havs kernel you either turn off the profiles in setcpu or uninstall it.

3. Cruecu

Cruecu Well-Known Member

Is HAVS only on BFS and not CFS? I'm not sure why I haven't read this anywhere in my hours and hours of research over the last month.

4. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

Havs can be on either cfs or bfs. Look at kernel change logs to determine what it has and doesn't have.

5. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

Yea basically u flash it just like a ROM... Check out threads about SetCPU to learn about over/underclocking

6. Reallz

Thank you all very much. I will give it a run

7. Reallz

Well that worked awesome . I'm running vaelpack 2.1 w/ kingz#9 kernel. I went onto quadrant and benchmarked @1565 . Once again thank you all.if there is anything I can do to improve please let me know .