Kernel Kernel[1.8GHz](WIP) Module method also

1. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

have you seen this. I am trying to figure out how to fix it right now

*** WARNING ****
    This image is built using NON-standard mkbootimg!
    OFF_RAMDISK_ADDR is 0x01300000
    Please modify mkbootimg.c using the above values to build your image.
  2. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

you have to recompile with:
    "mkbootimg --kernel zImage --ramdisk initramfs.cpio.gz --base x80200000 --cmdline 'androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 loglevel=7 kgsl.mmutype=gpummu' -o new_boot.img"
  3. tgamble160

tgamble160 Member

i see the op is changed to 1.8. is that for a fix or did you start on something new all together?
  4. rbheromax

5. tgamble160

tgamble160 Member

Yeah let me make a quick backup
  6. rbheromax

7. tgamble160

tgamble160 Member

Stuck at green android
  8. rbheromax

did the image change at all?
  9. rbheromax

ugh...these kernels just dont wanna flash
  10. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

Would it be possible just to removethe oc and recompile with stock speeds just to see if it will install and boot?
  11. rbheromax

Yeah
    https://github.com/newkid313/android_kernel_zte_aurora
    its commit#: e34a038
    that has the stock speeds
    Even compiling stock source wont work because I removed the splash screen (green android) but upon reboot its still there. That shows that the recovery isn't even flashing anything. Apparently all that works are the backups and restores.
  12. jimsmith80

The green android was in two places on the warp. In the recovery and in the boot. It looks like one constant image but its not. The same may apply here. Rather than delete the image replace it. That will tell you more
  13. rbheromax

Its the logo.bmp in ramdisk. I replaced it. There is a partition titled SPLASH but idk how relevant that is.
  14. andrew.johnson

andrew.johnson Well-Known Member

Probably won't be able to test much for a little while. No internet connection.
  15. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Dude Guide

I been using my 3g and terminal emulator.

Sent from my N9100
  16. rbheromax

Smart, I just need to figure out what's going on with this kernel thing.
  17. andrew.johnson

andrew.johnson Well-Known Member

My phone's off too so I have to be on wifi
  18. jimsmith80

All I've read pretty much states that hacking up a dump from the boot partition is unlikely to work. We may have to wait for boost to push an ota update. The good and bad part about that is if they do it will likely be jelleybean. That's good because jellybean is awesome, but bad because plot means back to the drawing board for roms and possibly root
  19. rbheromax

It may be a while before jb update comes. I should just take my kernel to the avid side and see if theirs will boot it. It was built with their src.
  20. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

21. rbheromax

Were gonna need it. Can someone test the module method in the OP? Just don't delete the /etc/thermald.conf just rename it.
  22. jimsmith80

Are you building the zimage from 100% avid source and combining it with the ramdisk from the force?
  23. rbheromax

Yeah, following procedure and everything
  24. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

ok im not 100% sure whats up with that kernel repackaging error, i never get it on version 0.218 of dsixda's android kitchen, BUT i may have a lead on the kernels booting issue, much like the sequent the force wont boot past andy without the stock init binary in the kernels ramdisk, its 97kb as apposed to a built 111kb one and unlike the built one is compatible with the zte kernel

edit...
    nevermind i checked its the right binary