Last Updated:

1. OptimusSlime

OptimusSlime Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

3. OptimusSlime

Perhaps it isn't blocked on your phone? :)
  4. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

5. OptimusSlime

:) I do what I can. Common sense is a rare gift that should be shared with the world, not selfishly hoarded and used solely for personal gain. :smokingsomb:
  6. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

that would have taken to much effort.
  7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Just a FYI on modding kernels. Per the GPL one is suppose to post up their modded source. Typically Github is the media of choice to use.

;)
    rbheromax likes this.
  8. OptimusSlime

Yes. I believe GameTheory is in violation and should post a github link to his kernel immediately to avoid prison time. Or just so I can fux wit it ;-) Pretty sure he also has to post any themes or new ROMs right away. :) Thank you for your compliance citizen!
  9. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i dont see how his source for his stock kernel would be a whole lot of excitement for you
  10. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

He only took out /sbin/wallpaper which is in boot.img, wallpaper is not part of the zImage, he only built LG's source which can be found here: OpenSource Code Distribution and then he repacked the zImage into a modified boot.img which was then loki'd ;):p

But yea, if he did mess with any part of the kernel in anyway, he would have to put up source preferably on github/bitbucket/etc.
    GameTheory likes this.
  11. jasonzech

jasonzech Well-Known Member

I think people are excited about being able to over clock now LoL

His new ROM will have a over clocking kernel in it.
    OptimusSlime likes this.
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

read my post above ^

This is a stock kernel. Identical to stock in every single way except you can remove any app you want to and it will still boot.
  13. OptimusSlime

It isn't the stockiness I'm interested In. It's the OC coupled with a sick new ROM AND the fact that we can now completely debloat this lil batch.
  14. jasonzech

Goto katana thread and read last two pages. He got his phone running at 1.83ghz
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I know that, but if you read the OP of this thread, it says that this is not his oc'd kernel :)
  16. jasonzech

Man I'm just getting ninja'd all over the place LoL
  17. jasonzech

True. I automaticly assumed that he was referring to his oc kernel. LoL I just woke up. Need a monster energy drink LoL
  18. Keithman2567

Keithman2567 Well-Known Member

Nice job GT. Can't wait for the new ROM. I love seeing secure boot fail every time I boot.
  19. OptimusSlime

Lmao . I wish for him to post the OC'd kernel as I already have access to the wallpaper less variant ;-)
  20. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Exactly why I didn't post my source for this since I didn't mod the kernel, only the ramdisk. Aside from what you mentioned I also changed the default.prop in the ramdisk to give ADB full root access.

Sorry PG, but you can't pick on me this time. :p
  21. OptimusSlime

So I'm not going to ask for an eta.... but is the new ROM and everything coming along pretty well? Any setbacks?
  22. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Correct, src only needs to be posted if the original src has been modified (overclock added, undervolted, governors added, etc). ;)
  23. jasonzech

GT, did we get you into trouble with PG and Shabby? :eek: :D
  24. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Nah, PG just likes picking on me. :rolleyes:

Shabby already knew why I didn't post my source.
  25. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i jumped in to defend him :bawling:
    GameTheory likes this.