• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.3.1 Beta: 4.3.4 (17-Mar-2011) Now With HDMwIn

frenchy714

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2010
East Tawas, MI
The majority of us are fans and users of Netarchy's kernels and he's released his 4.3.4 beta. Here's the change log:

Notes for Revision 4.3.4
- HDMwIn support added, you still need to download the free HDMwIn app
from the android market to use HDMI mirroring
- Timer tick set to 1000hz
- Unnecessary extra debugging turned off for public builds, should result in a small speed boost

If you're interested in downloading it, here you go:

[Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, Stable: 4.3.1 Beta: 4.3.4 (17-Mar-2011) Now With HDMwIn - xda-developers

Well it's a new kernel so you know I have to try it lol. Flashed 4.3.4 sbc more havs last night, charged all night, took off charger and within 5 mins. Battery down to 96%. Reflashed 4.3.2 sbc more havs recharged for 40 min and battery back to normal. Off charger now 1 hr with just web surfing and still at 99%. Please lets keep posted of battery life people are getting with this kernel. Thanks all

Upvote 0
I'm getting nice battery stats with 4.3.4 nosbc cfs more havs. I'm using SetCPU just like the previous beta -- not overclocking, min set at 245000, no profiles, Smart$$ scaling.

Charged it to 100% this am while getting ready to go on a pedalcar ride, played music via the speaker during my whole ride (30-45 mins one way), surfed/facebook'ed about 15 mins and checked/replied to about a dozen emails at my destination, took a couple pics and uploaded them via Facebook, listened to music all the way back home. I was at 93% when I got home.

That's excellent battery life for me, especially with just topping off the charge before I left. I'll keep testing and update. Now off to try HDMwIn!

Upvote 0
Kinda-sorta related (and a little of a double-post since I started a new thread on this), but does anyone know how to disable the stock HDMI Out service (as in what the name of the service is)? I can't figure it out and search hasn't turned up anything except the repeated advice by both Full HDMI and HDMwIn to disable that service (but they don't state the name).

I'm getting a conflict between HDMwIn and the stock HDMI Out service sometimes when displaying pics or playing videos over HDMI.

Otherwise, the kernel and HDMwIn are working great so far!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones