[Kernel]OptimusM OC stock 2.2.1

1. reppard

reppard Well-Known Member

Well here is an overclockable kernel for the optimus m that came with 2.2.1 stock. This allows you to change your cpus speed and has the potential to damage your phone if not used with common sense. That said, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU F UP YOUR PHONE! Every CPU chip is different so stable speeds will vary from phone to phone. My phone isn't stable above 787 MHz. That doesn't mean yours can't go higher :)

Download the zip to your sdcard.
    Reboot into recovery.
    Wipe your cache and dalvik cache.
    Flash and reboot.

You will need setcpu or a similar program to change frequencies. I have to configure the gbrom so the cmod7 settings will have that ability. Hit the thanks button if this helps and the donate link if it really really helps :)

Big thanks to asadullah for organizing our mob on LG and making the source code possible!

Enjoy!

UPDATE:
    This version works with any rom and wifi modules were compiled separately so wifi works right out of the box.

Lower set CPU Max Version, people with boot loops test this update
    Max set to 729600(i can go lower if needed) and default governor is ondemand.
    r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM.zip
    MD5 Sum: e5e905eb5fcd6a9e93a180c7e25c2b3d

In compliance with GPL, here is the source:
    r.O.C.K-v0.3-Source

Battery Calibration install this and let your battery fully charge. The run the app, unplug the charger and calibrate. This should be done after flashing a new rom or kernel.

Advertisement
  2. reppard

Reserved
  3. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

thanks rappard wow can't believe we got this:D ha ha first.
  4. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

hay rappard i flash the kernel but now my wifi does not work in wireless setting were you check wifi it says wifi error. so is this only for froyo i flashed it to cm7 beta it works but my wifi did not.
  5. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

any specific way to flash this? i got a boot loop.

so I was trying to build my own overclocked kernel and was trying to follow this Overclock Android kernel for Sprint Optimus S to replicate the changes that were made

is this something close to what you did?

i've even tried manually repacking the boot.img with no success(with the offset too) i've even tried the scripts out there even though they do they same thing I did manually... i must be doing something wrong cuz I even tried unpacking the boot.img and repacking the same files and it wouldn't boot

is there something I'm missing??
  6. hemmy.c

hemmy.c Member

yeh same here... wifi doesnt work...

another thing for som reason my recovery wont work no more?...phone keeps resetting ..
    k got it to work..nand restore my phone was actin up
  7. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

ok put it on seems I can run 806mhz and it is ok.

I too am getting an error with wifi, this is on the teamchickeneater rom.
  8. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

I know if you unchecked set at boot it will help some issues with the boot looping.
  9. new optimus

hey how did you get into recovery to do a nand restore?

having the same issue I can not get the phone to go into recovery
    using anreboot it just restarts using adb reboot recovery it just restarts.
    esgrandebp likes this.
  10. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

home+volume down+power

if you do it in that order it should reboot to recovery.
    new optimus likes this.
  11. new optimus

That does the same thing as anreboot, and reboot via adb.
    just boots the phone.

OK after the 3 time holding the buttons it worked, guess 3rd times the charm
  12. wiped both caches, flashed zip. stuck boot looping.... what could have went wrong?
  13. Any way I can flash back the stock kernel without drastic measures? Can't get it out of boot loop and I really don't want to spend hours setting it back up from a restore, lol.
    esgrandebp likes this.
  14. new optimus

Did you do a nand back up?
    if so follow the instructions above for booting into recovery and then restore.

you have to start from power off so if you just get boot loop pull battery for 10 seconds then hold the buttons
  15. Is it possible to flash just the stock kernel back to save myself the pain in the ass of a restore?
  16. reppard

I just noticed the wifi issue. Ill work on it and update the zip asap. Don't know about the boot loops cause I didn't have any problems but will investigate that issue as well!
    reilus, Solja916, Seirren and 3 others like this.
  17. If theres is any info you need to help diagnose the boot loop thing I'd be happy to help.

I am running the cm7 rom with the mms fix, I booted into recovery and wiped both caches and flashed the kernel, it said nnnnnjoy when it was done, looked like successful flash, reboot just loops.
  18. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

Had some trouble booting after flashing this in. Once booted, my system ran really slow (or at least, the live wallpaper ran very poorly) and of course there's the WiFi error. I also couldn't enter recovery through console commands, my heart sank for a moment when it would just reboot. Needed Vol - + Home + Power.

Thanks for your hard work reppard!
  19. reppard

The wifi issue has something to do with the update zip because I add the kernel to a rom and flash that the wifi works. I'll work on this issue tonight when I get home from work. Sorry to you guys getting boot loops I will try to track down the cause.
    reilus and Seirren like this.
  20. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

I have deleted a few posts from this thread. Lets ALL try to be courteous to each other and realize that sometimes when things go wrong it is easy to try to take it out on others. We are all just trying to help each other out and there is NO need to be snide or rude.

If you see something that you think warrants a MOD's attention then by all means report it, DO NOT respond to it. (not even to say 'i reported you';))

I will be keeping an eye on this thread in the interest of keeping the peace so please think before you speak(post).

NightAngel79

Site Rules/Guidelines and Zero Tolerance Policy
  21. reppard

You can just flash a rom and it will revert the kernel. Just don't wipe data and all should be good. You should however wipe you cache
    reilus and Seirren like this.
  22. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

so how do i see where my cpu is stable of not?is there an app that tests that for you or is there an option in SETCPU?? i used the stress test in SETCPU but that didnt give me any info...??
  23. new optimus

if you used the stress test and it didnt lock up your phone or reboot then it works at that clock.

The longer you leave the stress test going the more stable that clock is.

For example if you set the cpu to 787mhz and run the stress test for 10 seconds and the phone reboots you know its not going to work.
    if you back it down to 747 and it will run the stress test for 30 mins its probably going to be stable.

you wont know while its running just walk away for a while, if it hasn't rebooted hit the back button and it will tell you it ran for x amount of time and all was good.
    mikekelso421 likes this.
  24. mikekelso421

mikekelso421 Well-Known Member

Yea that is what I thought.but thank you for the conformation! I set it to the Max and mine just rebooted. Lol guess that's not very stable. Other than that,no boot loops,all is well. Great job reposed!
  25. syrius325

syrius325 Member

cant wait till the wifi issue gets fixed. i been dying to oc my optimus...