• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel]OptimusM OC stock 2.2.1

Look guys here is the deal, If your phone crashes its not because of the governor. It is because of the Kernels default max speed which is set at 728 in rOCK V3.

This means that before you even open Set CPU or CPU Master to overclock your phone its actually already overclocked to 728.

So it appears that 728 is borderline for some phones (Like Mine) and whenever the processor is exerted phone crashes and reboots. So if you are experiencing crashes by surfing the web, Playing games, ext then lower the max speed from 728 to something lower using Set Cpu or Cpu Master.

That is pretty much it...

We Just need either a app that gives up precise control and doesn't skip from 600 to 728 or Reppard to create a Lower max speed on the Kernel Preferably 700 or 690. :D

[Edit] After playing around with my phone I would say 728 is so borderline that 700 would run perfectly on my phone.

Upvote 0
Look guys here is the deal, If your phone crashes its not because of the governor. It is because of the Kernels default max speed which is set at 728 in rOCK V3.

This means that before you even open Set CPU or CPU Master to overclock your phone its actually already overclocked to 728.

So it appears that 728 is borderline for some phones (Like Mine) and whenever the processor is exerted phone crashes and reboots. So if you are experiencing crashes by surfing the web, Playing games, ext then lower the max speed from 728 to something lower using Set Cpu or Cpu Master.

That is pretty much it...

We Just need either a app that gives up precise control and doesn't skip from 600 to 728 or Reppard to create a Lower max speed on the Kernel Preferably 700 or 690. :D

[Edit] After playing around with my phone I would say 728 is so borderline that 700 would run perfectly on my phone.

There isn't an available clock speed between 600 and 728.

If you can't run 728 I don't think your gonna be overclocking...

Upvote 0
Look guys here is the deal, If your phone crashes its not because of the governor. It is because of the Kernels default max speed which is set at 728 in rOCK V3..
Here's the deal, I set the CPU at its OEM speed (600/245 according to SetCPU) and it still crashes with reppard's rOCK.

My phone is not crashing because of the overclock. Period.

Upvote 0
Try this if it isn't the Overclocking.

Reboot into recovery Wipe All user data (sometimes its not the cache that's messing you up.) Flash Cyanogen reboot let it go to desktop.

Hit Menu >Cyanogen Settings> Display> Turn off both animations. Again Hit Menu > Display Turn off window animations.

Reboot into recovery wipe both caches Flash the Kernel.

Reboot to desktop. And you should not crash anymore if its not the overclocking.

Upvote 0
You can't run this Kernel without CM7 Why don't you do this:

Reboot into recovery Wipe All user data (sometimes its not the cache that's messing you up.) Flash Cyanogen reboot let it go to desktop.

Hit Menu >Cyanogen Settings> Display> Turn off both animations. Again Hit Menu > Display Turn off window animations.

Reboot into recovery wipe both caches Flash the Kernel.

Reboot to desktop. And you should not crash anymore if its not the overclocking.
I suggest you go back and look at post #2 of this thread.

Regardless, thank you for trying to help.

Upvote 0
Oh i did not see that, but still try what i said 2.3.3 is very worth it.

Originally Cm7 would crash me but after wiping user data and re flashing it worked like a charm.
He has tried cm7, but several key things are still too glitchy for his everyday use.

As it is for me, but when those glitches get resolved, as I know they will it will be rOCK and roll ya baby. lmao:D

Upvote 0
I experience no glitches I used to experience the black screen crap but i fixed that i fixed the wifi i fixed the MMS everything works fine for me now No crashes No bugs (besides the Kernel Running at 729.6)
Well one thing for him is a program called cardio trainer, and another is the agps system.

For me gas buddy app crashes the agps, and I can not charge the phone while its powered off. Those are just the first things that come to mind. I am sure I missed one or two.

But these are just minor things that will just take time. At the moment I am using the phone with sipgate and google call back for a voip free phone. with the limited 1x I could not stand I decided to get a galaxy prevail on boost.

Upvote 0
My gps works fine, but yea you cant turn off the phone and charge it but i don't ever turn my phone off so doesn't affect me to much.

I will never probably never leave metro, I save to much money. Unless I start traveling, but right now where i live which is Florida the entire state has great coverage especially south Florida where i live we also have the 4g in south Florida.

When its time to upgrade ill probably go Samsung Galaxy Indulge. Or whatever better phone they have at the time.

Upvote 0
My gps works fine, but yea you cant turn off the phone and charge it but i don't ever turn my phone off so doesn't affect me to much.

I will never probably never leave metro, I save to much money. Unless I start traveling, but right now where i live which is Florida the entire state has great coverage especially south Florida where i live we also have the 4g in south Florida.

When its time to upgrade ill probably go Samsung Galaxy Indulge. Or whatever better phone they have at the time.
I turn mine off to charge, it takes less time to charge that way. I also live in florida, jax and there is 4g here but the indulge isnt to my liking, besides it costs too much. if they get some nicer android 4g phones and get the 4g speeds tweaked I may go back. however with boost it starts at $50 and goes down every 6 months you make a ontime payment. Now that is hard to beat. When I went with metro I thought it would be $40 across the board for the service, I then found out the android phone had to be on the $50 plan, heck for that I could have gone with virgin mobile $40 but ony 1200 mins talk unlimited everything else. But I really do like this version of the optimus. And like I said now I have a phone that can make free voip calls anywhere in the states. I can use it anywhere I can access wireless. And I have boost mobile with true "3g" speeds.

Upvote 0
@Reppard is it possible to compile a kernel with 700 as the default max speed? Because it seems my phone sucks bad. lol I don't want to throw it in a lake though. :D

It runs at 729.6 but if i try to use it like Play a game or go online and load big websites it crashes and reboots its unstable for me at 729.6 and i cant set it to like 700 using those Kernel altering aps like Set CPU and CPU master cus they go from 600 to 729.6.

I really appreciate all the work your doing Reppard and im sorry were asking you to work so hard...But i really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones