• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel]OptimusM OC stock 2.2.1

for everyone who is in here with a working OC kernel.

I want you to intentionally overcock your kernel and see if you can reboot into the OC kernel. without having to start over from LGNPST. ;)

When I first tested the first overclockable kernel I compiled I gradually slid the frequency bar as far as it would go until it crashed. My phone restarted without incident. I have not experienced the first boot loop.

Upvote 0
I overclocked, on the teamchickeneater rom, I have not tried on the cm7. I never had a boot loop problem.
I clocked it to 825 I think, I didnt take a good look at the indicator and I know it worked on 806 as that was the good spot for me.
At 825 my phone rebooted itself, and then it came back on and was just fine. I DID NOT HAVE THE SET ON BOOT CHECKED FOR THAT VERY REASON.

Upvote 0
Look guys Reppart is already suspecting what the problem is and why it wont work on certain phones. It is because he changed the stock max speed on this Kernel and right from boot its to high for certain phones. SO on certain phones NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO unless you change the kernel yourself you will not be able to boot in the kernels current state. Reppart is at the moment working on a new version of the Kernel that has a lower default max speed. This will hopefully solve the boot loading issue.

The new lower default max speed will not limit your overclocking capabilities as you can exeed it using Set CPU. The only limitation in this case would be your hardware, and you cant do anything about that, short of getting a new phone.

So just be patient guys and the problem should be fixed soon. Thanks guys.

I hope this has helped some of you with questions on what is going on at the moment.

Thank you very much for this post. (my name has a d at the end not a t ;) I just got home from work so I'll be working on another build with a lower max. will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Reactions: double1
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for this post. (my name has a d at the end not a t ;) I just got home from work so I'll be working on another build with a lower max. will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.
Hey I just sent you a pm, and realized I forgot the link, duh lol

http://localserver.no-ip.biz/Public/boot.img

there is the link to the boot.img, and by the way your pm box is full I tried pming you the link

Upvote 0
You are very welcome. Did you flash the new one i uploaded today and test the WiFi? I need confirmation that the new update and wifi are working from someone.

i seen that the update was for ONLY CM7..im using my optimus for an mp3 player/toy right now so i am using the sense rom with your kernel.only cuz the battery life is better for excessive wifi usage and music playing.if it worked for the sense rom id try it :)

Upvote 0
Alrighty, I'm currently compiling a new kernel with 729600 KHz as the max clock speed and ondemand as the default profile so we shall see if this helps any of you who are having the boot loops. I also added ext4 support. I could have sworn the stock kernel had it but those flags were not present in the kernel's .config file. I removed a couple of useless modules as well so hopefully we save a few K here and there. I'll update the OP as soon as its done compiling....I'm wishing I would have made my 4-core multilib...this dual core takes forever to compile!!!@

Upvote 0
Alrighty, I'm currently compiling a new kernel with 729600 KHz as the max clock speed and ondemand as the default profile so we shall see if this helps any of you who are having the boot loops. I also added ext4 support. I could have sworn the stock kernel had it but those flags were not present in the kernel's .config file. I removed a couple of useless modules as well so hopefully we save a few K here and there. I'll update the OP as soon as its done compiling....I'm wishing I would have made my 4-core multilib...this dual core takes forever to compile!!!@
I have been eyeing the intel i52500k As much as I would love the i7 its not in my price range, the i5 will stretch the budget but it might be doable. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones