Kernel Panic Question

Last Updated:

1. KuroTsubasa

KuroTsubasa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using Drellisdee's OC Kernel, I've been experiencing an occasional kernel panic.

Occasionally, back when I was using the stock rom, my phone would crash and reboot itself. Was this a kernel panic too, but without the debug screen following it (which would probably scare most end users)? Just something that sparked my curiosity.

If so, then I have to say that the OC kernel really *doesn't* crash that much more than the old one did, it's just more apparent when it does.

Advertisement
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

My phone has started doing this once a day since i upped the mhz to 768. Today i downed it to 729 and so far so good.

But yeah what you said also happened on the stock rom with me. I'm not quite sure if it's an kerenl panic or not. I assume it was the phone overheating which dose not same to be the case. so idk.

3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Just dont clock your speed so high, not every phone can run same speed, just because its the same model doesn't mean that its 100% the same

4. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to fear monger here, but could OCing the processor be deteriorating the quality of the processor? Does anyone know enough about this processors architecture to be sure that overclocking it isn't slowly destroying it?

5. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

Just like overclocking any processor if it is running at above normal temperatures for an extended period of time you are causing damage. Mine doesnt heat up much but I did get my first kernel panic the other day after applying a MM theme

6. KuroTsubasa

KuroTsubasa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... for the most part my question got completely overlooked. I wasn't trying to turn this into another kernel panic thread.

My question was about the stock crashes. I used to have my stock kernel crash and reboot itself here and there. I was wondering if anyone knew whether this is a kernel panic (minus the debug screen) or another type of crash.

More or less just a question of curiosity.