• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] Plague Overclock Kernel for LG Esteem MS910 - UPDATED!

Hey all,

I have been trying to get my phone overclocked since the stock seems to be very slow and freeze a lot for me... I got setcpu but cant seem to set the max any higher then 1024 (1GB) which is the stock CPU speed. Can anyone help on how to unlock it so I can get it higher?

Thanks,
SquirrelsP

Open up setcpu and choose device selection(autodetect)- let it cycle through and then check again. If that does work try downloading and flashing the kernel again.
Wow-where have you been hiding:thinking::eek:
Been awhile since you've been on:)

Upvote 0
Open up setcpu and choose device selection(autodetect)- let it cycle through and then check again. If that does work try downloading and flashing the kernel again.
Wow-where have you been hiding:thinking::eek:
Been awhile since you've been on:)

Hey Gbiggie :)

Yeah it has been a while since i was on last... phone was working great, minus a few random restarts and such. But now it seems to be very slow and can take up to a few minutes to respond.

I tried the autodetect and it still says the highest i can go is 1GB. How do I go about flashing the kernel?

Upvote 0
Hey Gbiggie :)

Yeah it has been a while since i was on last... phone was working great, minus a few random restarts and such. But now it seems to be very slow and can take up to a few minutes to respond.

I tried the autodetect and it still says the highest i can go is 1GB. How do I go about flashing the kernel?

Just download the kernel just to rule that out then
-boot into recovery
-wipe cache
-go to advanced and wipe dalvik
-install zip-locate the kernel file -reboot-and done:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones