1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[KERNEL][UPDATE: 05/24/2012] bKernel-v2.3 & bKernel-CM7-v2.3 - 2.6.32.59

1. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Thread closed because I no longer own this device. The download links no longer work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

Will it work with Cyanogen? this might be a dumb question... :)
  3. b_randon14

Nah it's for the stock ROM. Im not sure what all would have to be done to make it for CM but I think it's all in the init.rc so it may not be hard to do!
  4. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

This sounds awesome keep up the good work
  5. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Good work dude, I knew you would make a kernel soon. Keep on taking care of stock!
  6. b_randon14

That's all I know how to do :)

I should be posting a DEV release build today or tonight. It is still in the dev stage, but it will feature oc/uc from 122MHz to 2016MHz, and it defaults to 1024MHz, so it should boot on any phone, I also modified the ramdisk to remove the service where init.qcom.post_boot.sh is enabled, so that even if you don't modify that file, your frequencies and governor will stick because it never initiates that script in the first place. The ramdisk also contains a minimal busybox so that even without run-parts on your phone memory, init.d scripts will still be executed. There is alot more I did but you can look at that on github lol! :)
  7. Chingling

Chingling Well-Known Member

Wait whoa. 2016 Mhz?? Can the Triumph's CPU even handle that?

That's a little bit faster than my computer!
  8. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member Developer

i know and it supposedly runs stable at 2ghz!!! :D
  9. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

I was wondering for a 3 days, why can the evolution shift handle 2ghz and we have a better processor. Next thing bkernel comes out with 2ghz...

Edit: also some people triumphs can barely handle past 1.5ghz, so I know some random person will be sorry at 2ghz....
  10. b_randon14

Well yeah I mean that's why you overclock at your own risk lol! Some phones can handle it some can't!
  11. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

And we will see a flood of posts about how people fried their phones and asking why! :p OC'ing is nice, but people need to know what they are doing before messing with that. At least with this phone people can do a lot of things wrong and still get the phone working again, but OC'ing it too much and not being smart about it will screw them over. Make sure the warning on this is HUGE! lol.
  12. ziggy46

yea i dont go past 1.5
    AndroidSureDo likes this.
  13. b_randon14

Yeah its going to be in text like this:

OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO HIGH OF FREQUENCIES FOR PROLONGED PERIODS OF TIME CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE CPU AND OTHER PARTS OF THE INTERNAL CHIPSET. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Lol!!! :)
    AndroidSureDo likes this.
  14. mundane24

mundane24 Well-Known Member

that's alright! noob like me, ill just call VM or use my $40 black tie bb plan and demand a new triumph coz it just died all of a sudden. :D

... so having said that, where is this bROM that you guys are talking about?!? :p
  15. b_randon14

The bROM is still in beta testing as of right now. But it is very close to release. ANd it will probably include my own kernel as well!
  16. b_randon14

First DEV release version has been posted! Feel free to check it out. Please note the warning at the bottom of the OP!!!
  17. b_randon14

Sorry just realized the vdd voltage control doesn't work on this kernel at the moment. I gotta see what I left out lol!!
  18. tusing

tusing Well-Known Member

2016 GHz? Thats a lot of GHz! Are you sure it wasn't MHz?

*dreams of ACTUAL 2016 GHz phones, which we'll probably have in a decade*
  19. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Well-Known Member

Lol 2.16 THz and with built in R-134 cooling so our hands don't spontaneously combust under the insane temp of that beast running full bore to display holographic 1080p videogames that we use our minds to control... :D
  20. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the quadrant score this phone gets at 2ghz.
  21. ziggy46

yea this kernel is frakin Beast!!!! :D i would run quadrant at 2ghz, but im afraid that i'll pass out from awesomness and my phone would explode :p LOL
  22. b_randon14

Ha lol yeah its definitely not capable of 2.16 THz lol! Proofreading has never been my strong suit lol! I'm going to run a 2ghz quad lol and hopefully my phone doesn't meltdown in my hand!!

R-134 cooling now there is an awesome idea hive it 5 years lol!
  23. b_randon14

New version posted, and the VDD voltage controls work now. So you can use Incredicontrol to control the undervolt settings!
  24. tusing

tusing Well-Known Member

It would be amazing if you got this working on MIUI! Is it possible?
  25. Chingling

Chingling Well-Known Member

For kicks, can someone get a quadrant at 2 Ghz?