[KERNEL][UPDATE: 05/24/2012] bKernel-v2.3 & bKernel-CM7-v2.3 - 2.6.32.59

Last Updated:

1. zaphodbblx

zaphodbblx Well-Known Member

does anyone here use OC kernels just to amp up the triumph for gaming or cpu intensive applications but keep the voltage at stock otherwise? does it have a noticeable effect .

Advertisement
  2. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

Well, apparently this breaks hotspot after all. Anyone else?
  3. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member Developer

Hey i found out why this breaks wifi on his latest build, after looking at his github, he didn't change nothing in the acutal kernel, but he changed some stuff in the ramdisk. He changed init.qcom.rc so I will have to update my CM kernel with these changes and rebuild a new version and the hotspot should work. I should have it up tonight!
    dsspain, GreyCelt and thangfish like this.
  4. thangfish

Thanks for the effort, b_.
  5. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

I increased USB draw speed.
  6. b_randon14

Added CM7-DEV-0.4 version that fixes WiFi hotspot issue on Tickerguy's latest beta build of CM7
    Sykojon likes this.
  7. Sykojon

Sykojon Active Member

Going back and forth to different oc kernels and noticed on yours that interactivex maxes out at 921 mhz, is this normal?
  8. thangfish

Works great now. Thanks.
    If anyone has trouble getting hot spot working with this, try formatting cache when flashing.
  9. b_randon14

Yeah interactiveX is a modified interactive made to save battery more. What is your max oc when running interactiveX. Cause it should just use 921MHz and a step and if the cpu load is a certain amount it will scale up or scale down.

@Thangfish, sweet I was hoping that's all I would have to do in order to fix it. I'm glad people are starting to like my kernels. There is only many many more additions planned for this line of kernels! :)
    dsspain likes this.
  10. roflcake

roflcake New Member

Awesome kernel!! Thanks for making a fast phone even faster!!

Tested using CM7 vB.08
    Just some things I found out. I did some benchmarks on the triumph on stock speeds (in cm7), oc 1.6GHz and 2.0GHz using the smartassV2 gov.

Stock speeds:
    Linpack: 40-41 mflops
    Quadrant: 2700~

OC 1.6GHz (Stable)
    Linpack: 56~ mflops
    Quadrant: 3700

OC 2.0GHz (Unstable duhhh?)
    Linpack: 64~ mflops (precision would show inconsistent results occasionally)
    Quadrant: 3400 (would consistently get lower results than OC 1.6GHz)
    After a couple linpack tests, my phone restarted and 2.0GHz was still in my setCPU settings. Shouldn't there be a safeguard to reset the cpu to defaults in case of unstable clocks?

For kicks and giggles
  11. b_randon14

Yeahs setcpu should include that, but they provide a safemode cwm flashable zip that will remove any set max frequency value and allow it to go back to the default at boot. Its a valuable zip to have on your sdcard.
  12. ebnight

ebnight Well-Known Member

Any way this can get an update with Isaacs touchscreen fixes?
  13. RJ803

RJ803 Member

When I used TheOC kernel I had clock speed control under the Settings, Cyenagenmod Settings. Performance, CPU Settings but with this I don't have it. only shows 1024 and 245. Is it supposed to be like that and just install SetCPU
  14. b_randon14

I never could use that on the stock cm7 kernel so I don't know it should work just like the other ones. Yes I am going to use Isaac's driver in my next builds!
    phohammer likes this.
  15. enzilla

enzilla Member

@b_randon do you think you could add multi touch support in your kernel sometime in teh future? It would be very much appreciated :).
  16. b_randon14

Yeah I am goinng to use isaacs touchscreen driver, which should fix the multitouch like it did in MIUI and CM7
    Mobstergunz likes this.
  17. enzilla

enzilla Member

It fixes it but doesnt add more inputs it still is 2 touches only and sometimes its hard to type on the keyboard/play games with that :/ from what I heard it is possible to add more inputs. I could provide a link if that would help?
  18. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member Developer

yes please post link! i would like to see more inputs also :D
    Mobstergunz likes this.
  19. enzilla

enzilla Member

20. chrisrand

chrisrand Member

@b_randon14

You're awesome! My Intercept is working fabulous with your hard work put in it. Thanks.

Now I am moving on to the Motorola Triumph because of the ridiculously good deal over cyber Monday ($300 MSRP - 50% Cyber Monday deal - 20% off coupon - 24% Fatwallet cash back = $92)

So now I find out your developing for the Triumph and I just want to be all over that too.

The issue is I cant download your Kernel for the CM7 ROM, the link you posted is blocked as a private link???

It seems others have been able to download it and install it with no problem. Could you please repost a public link.

Thanks again my good man!
  21. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Okay I have question and it's probably a dumb one.

What are you guys using to monitor your phone's temperature?? I've used several widgets.. varying from the measuring of battery temperature to the measuring of CPU temperature.

The thing is, no matter what I am doing on the phone it ALWAYS says 24.5 degrees Celsius... which can't be right.. especially today when my phone was laying out in my car during 16 degree temperatures for over an hour and it still read the same temp. Does the Triumph even have a temp sensor in it?
  22. konspiracy

konspiracy Well-Known Member

I believe only the battery has a temp sensor
  23. TheBritton

Hmm well the battery temp on my phone always shows 24.5 Celsius. It can't stay the same temp all the time.. or can it?
  24. b_randon14

Only the battery does. DO you have an aftermarket battery?
  25. TheBritton

Ah!! Thank you! THAT'S what it is.. I have a 1500mah Anker battery. I may switch back to the stock 1380mah cause I like to see the temp. Plus, I'm not noticing too much of a difference in battery life with the Anker battery. I average 3 to 4 percent an hour (idle time) on both batteries.
    Thanks again for reminding me of that LOL I forgot I had a replacement battery