1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

[Kernel]{ZVD}Speed, Speed_Unlshd & Stock/Root Kernel(s)

1. ilovemetropcs

ilovemetropcs Well-Known Member

2. iown

iown Well-Known Member

in a few posts up i said i forgot how to flash a kernal.. someone said just hit install zip from sd card.. i did that.. is that all i have todo
  3. ilovemetropcs

Yes install from sd card then go to download and choose the file and that's it and reboot
  4. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

You need to reboot in CWM then flash zip from SD Card, when finish reboot.
  5. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

6. ilovemetropcs

Yes then.there a is time going down.from 20 seconds then you wait and.go on download file I.just tried again.it works
    danyvw likes this.
  7. ilovemetropcs

You got it working?
  8. LDrifta

LDrifta No Stranger 2 Danger Guide

well no its not going to constantly keep your ram free, but it wont let it get bloated and slow wayyy down over a long period.. i could set them lower and it will keep it super fast lol but a lot of things wont work haha so i had set it to a safe value that is faster than stock, same minfree settings as the 2.2 plague kernel for zvb or c i forget :D
    reilus, JETMAKERO and macp like this.
  9. LDrifta

im sure it'll be the first product pg releases lol
  10. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Yes. Thanx
    ilovemetropcs and LDrifta like this.
  11. JETMAKERO

JETMAKERO Well-Known Member

SHIT>!!!!!!!! That's all i've got to say Idrifta>!!!!!!!!

I've Been out all day left the house in the East Coast, FL to be exact and went to the local Waterpark with a couple of Friends ''Rapids WaterPark:)'', also went to the movie saw The Hunger Gamespretty good should of been Rated-R Type of movie and went out to eat. Anyways haven't been on The Forums Since 7:49am and around that time and just got home.

Well I hope on the Forums now and i see that you have about 4 or 5 different Updates for ZVD.
    Um>>>>>LD-LG ZVD Full Rom, ZVD Speed Kernel and Regular Stock Rooted Perm Kernel and LDK-ICK Theme Test 8.. I Mean SHIT No Wonder You haven't been on here as much this whole week.

Anyway's By Tomorrow i'm Going to be running LD-LG 1.8 for zvd and ick test 8 theme for zvd and speed kernel for zvd, Well that's if You don't put out another update at-least if it Fix things More while i'm Catching some ZZZZZZZZZ.!!!!1 Tonight cause from the looks of it your in the West Coast and you Guys are 4hours later than the East it's 11:20 now and 7:20over there.

Keep up the good Work Man and i'll keep you and the people posted on my tes of running LD LG 1.8 for zvd and ick test 8 theme for zvd and speed kernel for zvd:D

P.S. Don't Trip if you see a Repeat of this. GOing to Post this on all of you Thread on The First Page and You could to response to all of them or whatever. Anyways I'm Download all of them and heading to sleep and putting them together by tomorrow. ZVD both Kernels, ZVD Theme8 and LD-LG ZVD Rom.:)
  12. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

So does the LD-LG for ZVB include the minfree speed hack? The info on LD-LG page just says Plague kernal but its the Plague Extreme right?

I have been working/planning a theme and found out I need a deodexed system so I thought I may either use the LD-LG ZVB rom or Neosabin's guide to deodexing as a base to start with.
  13. LDrifta

yeah you could use this as a base if you want, and if that kernel has the minfree hack (which i think it does) than yes it should be the same :D
    nuked likes this.
  14. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

thankya!:D
  15. amazin1988

amazin1988 Well-Known Member

How do I know if the speed kernal is flashed does it have a certain number
  16. LDrifta

na sorry i dont know how to rename the kernels.. i only added the tweaks with dsixda's kitchen :D i know they're working though.. you can check minfree value with a android terminal
  17. amazin1988

amazin1988 Well-Known Member

One question is safe mode suppose to be on my screen
  18. LDrifta

no it is not.. lol just reboot you might have pressed an extra button or 2 when you werent supposed to :D
  19. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Well-Known Member

Does the speedhacked kernel erase the ZVD fix for power-cycling?
  20. LDrifta

no it shouldn't, i made no major changes to any of the kernel's code

only added root and minfree tweaks

did your device reboot?
  21. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Well-Known Member

I haven't flashed it yet; do I need Rom Manager to flash CWM (I read on a guide to use the free app from the Store)? Is Rom Manager safe?
  22. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the dumb question or at least I think it is I downloaded the kernel directly to my phone is in my downloads using rom manager I go into recovey to install it, once in recovery I do not see the file in sd card I understanbd I don't need the computer to do this right? :confused:
  23. LDrifta

nooooo!!! never flash anything from rom manager except for recovery lol even that is not safe it reccomends a wifi connection lol, always flash with cwm or adb push
    Optimus_User likes this.
  24. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member

Its on the built in sdcard in downloads folder
  25. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

i always use rom manager to reboot to cwm once ur in cwm install from internal sd card then go to downloads u should c it in that folder ;)
    Optimus_User likes this.