kernels for CM6?

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 1, 2010
    i have been running CyanogenMod6 test8 for awhile now, and I really like it. only problem I've seen so far is the camcorder which they've already mentioned so I knew that going into it. I have also been using a hydra kernel from their website and just now realized that the camera does not work with this kernel. so, my question is, are they any kernels besides the stock one that comes with the CM6 ROM? also, does the stock kernel with CM6 have wireless N capabilities? also, my settings > wireless & networks > tethering and portable hotspots > wireless hotspot does not work. is this a CM6 thing or is it a hydra kernel thing?

EDIT: I restored my phone to CM6 with the stock CM6 kernel and the portable hostpot works just fine. so that answers that part of my question.

2. jratzo

jratzo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm curious to know which kernals work with CM6 also
  3. bencrawfo

bencrawfo New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    i want to know too. CM6 is great but the battery life on my inc was terrible. luck to get 10 hours. used uv kernal on skyraider and they solved the problem for me. switched to rooted 2.2 ruu and standard kernal. been having battery issues with this. Frankly without an uv kernal ive had poor battery life. I want a uv for CM6 and im happy. can not find one tho. ady and kings kernals both state they do not work with cm6.... :mad: