Kernels, Get Your Kernels, RED HOT Kernels! - Sapphire - 0.7.0

Last Updated:

1. Sniffle

Sniffle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

With the leak of the latest Motorola build(compliments of P3Droid), comes updates to all of the proprietary drivers needed to make Froyo run smooth on the droid. On top of this great update, P3Droid has been hard at work making a built for Sapphire only kernel, that most of you have already had a taste of, except now it comes with options! On top of this you gain a few new features as well(check the changelog)!

Link to Main Site: start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]
    Link to Rom Page: releases:sapphire-0.7.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

With the drop of Froyo, as many of you know there was a major change in the air. The vendor setup was no more and it had to be re-written to fit into the new Android device mold. That was done mere hours after the source was released, and now I(sniffle) have finally got off my butt and updated the basic build instructions on the build wiki. Enjoy, all of you developer hopefuls :-D

Link to Build Site: start [CVPCS Android Wiki]
    Donate Link on Main Page

Advertisement
    UBRocked, JM33 and soulesschild like this.
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...from source. <sigh> :)

I had problems w/6.2 and was looking forward to trying an updated release.

Installed, and after my usual three or four reboots to settle down, appears to be running.

Question on SetCPU...I assume it will run normally on this ROM to enable setting up of profiles, etc., correct?

3. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

Nice! :)

4. Sniffle

yep sure will :)

5. soulesschild

soulesschild Well-Known Member

Is it possible to add the spare parts to allow display of battery % left like in most other ROMs? Other then that tiny annoyance (though transparent/translucent notification window would be nice too!) I'm loving this rom. Mad props.

6. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

I see the longpress music keys have been added! Thanks so much, I will be flashing this as soon as I get home.

7. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Wiped System and Cache, installed over virgin BB from Pete...now I've lost SU. :(

Is there a zip I can apply from CW Recovery to regain SU?

Thanks...

Nvm...got a su zip from Doctor on IRC...thank goodness for the interweb. :)

8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

As soon as themes are available...I'll flash it. I really liked 0.6.2 and I look forward to the Sapphire releases!

9. Rons

Rons Well-Known Member

+1

10. Sniffle

themes from 0.6.2 work for the most part, we try and get the themes released per version make sure that any changes are reflected in the themes as well.

go the main site, there is a link to bugzilla where you can request features and report bugs. If you would like a feature to be requested please report it on bugzilla.

11. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

How long did your first reboots take on this? I'm going on 20 minutes of staring at the pretty sapphire gem thingy and the thing's starting to get hot.

12. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I was going to do that, but to be honest, I am so sick and tired of registering for new accounts... it seems like everything you do around the web lately requires 500 various accounts.

I've been posting about removing the clock ever since 0.6.0 and haven't seen it yet... so I'm just going to hold out for CM at this point. :(

13. FuhxTehAppelz

FuhxTehAppelz Well-Known Member

bump for sapphire! Love it!!!

14. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

Nice, runs great. Can't wait to see some themes.

I think I'll test this out awhile longer.

15. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's this ROM or something else I did, but I'm having two issues since upgrading. One minor, I guess, and one I thought was major, but I found a workaround.

I also don't know if they're worthy of submitting bug reports at the sapphire bugzilla or if they're 2.2 bugs or what.

Issue #1: all my songs are showing up twice. They're definitely not on the card twice, but no amount of unmounting, clearing the music app's data (can't clear the cache, the button is always greyed out), remounting, or watching the music app say that it is scanning the sd card changes it. They all show up twice. Deleting one results in them both disappearing (after reboot, before reboot, trying to play the duplicate comes up with a "can't play this type of audio file" error). I did replace the music app with the Eliot Stocker modded app, but switched back and rebooted and the duplicates are all still there. Is there another way to force it to actually rescan the card?

Issue #2: Wifi disconnected often (on my linksys router). Anytime I tried to do a speedtest @speedtest.net or downloaded a file over a Meg or so, I saw the wifi disappear from the notification bar for a couple seconds, downloads got interrupted, often I got "network errors" from the market and had to hit retry several times. Then I connected to the OTHER wireless network in the house (from a AT&T U-verse gateway/router) and it stays connected and gets great speedtest results. If I didn't have this other router, I'd be very upset... it didn't do this on stock OTA 2.1. Any ideas? Are there settings on my router that I could tweak (it's a linksys wrt-300N running dd-wrt)?

16. brocja01

brocja01 Well-Known Member

How's this running for everyone? I had a version of this installed for a day or so and really liked it, kinda waiting for some themes!

17. trikotret

trikotret Well-Known Member

They released the special kernels for this rom today. :D
    P3Droid Kernels

18. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

19. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

I had this problem on a different ROM. Did you try mounting it to your computer, move all the music from your SD card to your computer. Unmount, wait for the music library to clear itself, then remount again and move all your music back to your SD card. It'll take a while for everything to show up again, or you could reboot. After doing this, I finally had 1 of each song again.

20. trikotret

are you referring to smoke glass?? I really like your theme. Does it work with this rom :D

21. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

Yea, I've got the Blue Energy one, but I would think the Smoked Glass themes, one with the Star Trek looking fonts and one with regular fonts from the wiki site will work.

And yep, I am running Sapphire 0.7

Can't wait till 928Droid gets his Black Glass theme working, he released one that loaded, but the notification bar was misaligned or something. But I think he's still working on it.

Edit: If anyone wants to keep an eye out for 928Droid's Black Glass progress, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/50604-theme-928droid-black-glass-2-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock.html
    But, at the time of my post here it's still not out

22. trikotret

CAn you give me the link to get your theme :D

23. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

24. trikotret

25. gwwjpd

gwwjpd Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Blue Energy.
    OK, you must be talking about the icons at the bottom of the screen. Because the only themed app icon is the Gmail one that comes with Blue Energy.

The ones at the bottom I found somewhere in this website Browse Icon Packs - FindIcons.com
    I don't remember which ones, I just browsed through and downloaded ones I liked. Applied using the Launcher Pro dock with the custom icon option.

trikotret likes this.