Kernels.

Last Updated:

1. K20Z1TypeS

K20Z1TypeS Active Member This Topic's Starter

OK i need some help with a kernel for my incredible. Right now i'm runnning the hydra stock speed undervolted kernel. I'm looking at some king x kernels and was wondering if any of you use setcpu with these? Hydra doesnt reccomend using set cpu for their kernels and i was wondering if these were the same. Another thing whats the difference between Kings BFS and CFS kernels? I noticed the BFS Kernel says it has longer battery life. I just want to get this overclocking thing right because i have never been able to get it right.

Advertisement
  2. TheBeardedMann

TheBeardedMann Well-Known Member

3. K20Z1TypeS

yea i just switched to that kernel. and he said its supposed to help it get better battery life, but i see no difference there. i think the battery life issue is in the hardware somewhere. but i just never mess with set cpu because in the past i couldnt overclock with it running stable. so idk. and whats the difference between CFS and BFS?

4. chilangoblanco

chilangoblanco Well-Known Member

I have used SetCPU with the King kernels. However, in my experience, I have not gotten good results with performance with the Kinda kernels. Yes, I do get better battery life, but I find that my phone will lag more with King kernels. Especially on the lock screen. My lock screen will lag when I unlock the phone. It also lags flipping through the home screens. I had SetCPU set to just barely over 1Ghz so this type of thing shouldn't be happening. Hydra kernels have worked well for me and provide decent battery life. Anyone else experiencing these lag issues with the King kernels?

5. K20Z1TypeS

i used hydras stock speed undervolted kernel and battery life was the same. used hydras 1.15ghz stock voltage kernel and battery life was the same but it was unstable. now using Kings X BFS#5 and battery life still didnt change. I dont think the battery life changes. it may just be my battery idk. but the incredible does have a problem charging batteries. But i havent experienced that problem with kings x kernel. And i havent run setcpu on any of em. So idk. Should i just get a new battery? lol

6. MNG708

MNG708 Member

I'm with you chilangoblanco. I tried the King Kernels and the Hydra Kernels and experienced the same thing as you. There was some lag with the King kernels, in particular, when I opened emails (not gmails), there was a lot of lag. With the Hyrdra kernels, very fast and stable for me. I have mine overclocked with Hydra at 1.152Ghz with no issues.

chilangoblanco likes this.
  7. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

I have found King's to work best with my phone. With aosp roms, his aosp #1 flies and works really well, and bfs#1 with skyraider for me is great as well.

8. K20Z1TypeS

i just still dont see any battery life improvement. i mean i do when i dont use it. but when i use my phone for anything thats when it starts dropping. i mean should i use setcpu? i think honestly i should just get a new battery. and wait for my external battery cradle to come in.

9. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a battery saving kernel and found this thread -- if they don't actually help then I won't install them, anyone with a good experience? I'm not looking to over clock at all, I just want to save the battery a bit.

10. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

im getting 2+ days with the extended battery using virtuous custom kernel and setcpu