3. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Is mainline another kernel?
  4. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Well-Known Member

Just a different version...ultimate has 512 GPU...I think mainline is 384
  5. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

That's correct. 4 total versions. With and without Smart Reflex and either 384 or 512 GPU.
  6. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Man yinz are lucky, we don't have that many kernels. :(

I fully expected more kernel development, but alas, I'm left wanting....:rolleyes:

Kernel hogs!:eek::D

*runs away*
  7. MizzouBrent

And I only listed some. There are lots more. :D:eek:
  8. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

Sorry Granite.:D
    I've been flashing them and then flashing over every 5 minutes just because I can.:p

So I'm onto the Franco #292 kernel. I didn't see anyone mention anything about the newer software needing an updated kernel but it seems to make a huge difference.

This is the best battery life I've had yet.
  9. bigbear6708

Brent have you tried faux? I just flashed it today... the ROM I'm on updated the other day...so I gave stock kernel a spin...faux is performung like a champ...battery seems to drain fast..but I flashed with only 30% left...I'll give her a full spin tomorrow
  10. MizzouBrent

I ran it on paranoid android for like 2 hours. On lean latest experimental now with eclipse ROM.
  11. bigbear6708

Franco gave me great life too...but m6 was horrible performance wise for me...been scared to go back
  12. NaterTots

That is interesting about M6. I haven't tried that one yet. It is on the phone though.

I read that some were having issues with the #292 one. I'm running it at 230 min which is where some issues were. I did up the 230 voltages from 850 to 880 as the first thing I did. Haven't had any problems.
  13. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

I'm on lean 180 exp./eos 60 with great battery life. Sleeps very nicely - Last night I lost less than 1%! Have the 2100 extended battery. Lighter usage yesterday than normal (2 hrs screen on) but I'm happy.

Attached Files:

NaterTots likes this.
  14. MizzouBrent

I'm on 230 lean exp4 and pretty happy so far. Seems about on par with exp3 which was great.
  15. bigbear6708

Hey mizz...what kind of battery and screen time you seeing on the extended batt? I picked up a Verizon 2100 today... what can I expect?! Also...the new lean 4.5 exp 1 is great!!!
  16. MizzouBrent

Per charge? It kind of depends on my usage. If I'm on 3g with a bunch of music, which is typical of my work usage...then maybe 2 hours screen time tops. But on wifi, at home, with no music, probably 3 hours or something close to that.

Don't sleep on Trinity. Frenchy and I are both running the latest trinity stable and it has been great. Plus the colors are so beautiful. I know you can mess with slider settings with other kernels, but it's nice having it out of the box, and I think it looks better than messing with it on your own.
  17. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

+1 for Trinity. Well over 4 hrs. screen on time with over 22 hrs. total battery time with first charge cycle.
  18. bigbear6708

Thanks. I'm currently running jb sorcery that comes with Trinity baked in...nothing but good so far. 1 hr and change screen time...lots of games. About 30 min Pandora stream...still at 60%. This is first day on it
  19. NaterTots

I haven't tried the Trinity line yet. Plan to flash the Lean EXP 4 180 probably tonight. Might try the Trinity this week.

I've been having good results with the Franco #292 kernel.

With the Franco app do you let it flash the kernel for you?
    Just wan't sure if it does a wipe or not for you.
  20. bigbear6708

I don't use Franco app...everything is done through recovery and trickster mod
  21. MizzouBrent

Yeah Franco's app and trickster are great. I like Franco's simplicity.
  22. bigbear6708

Did you happen to see over at xda I think the team from the og evo have brought savagedzen to the nexus!!!?

On Trinity were you guys noticing that it would kill recent....or more specifically when trying to open Google from tecents it would refresh search results....annoying!!!!
  23. MizzouBrent

I don't think that sounds like a kernel issue. But yeah trinity rocks.
  24. bigbear6708

Like it better than lean?! :eek:
  25. MizzouBrent

Yeah. But I honestly haven't used lean a whole lot. I managed to get frenchy hooked on Trinity.