Keybaord suddenly unusable - shows asian charactersGeneral

1. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Active Member

For no reason that I can think of, my on-screen keyboard has suddenly turned asian (Korean I think). I haven't changed any settings. I've tried reverting to standard keyboard (from using SwiftKey), and doing a soft reset, but nothing. The keyboard remains unusable. I've checked all my settings, and they all claim that my language is English etc. I've even done a "Settings reset", but the keyboard still appears with its Korean characters. This is a real pain, as I rely on my keyboard for many many text messages during the day. If you do a google image search on "Android Korean keyboard" you'll see what happens when I try to enter text.

Does anybody know if this is a problem easily fixed, and if so - how do I fix it?

Thanks,
    -A.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Active Member

Oops - sorted it! Found the answer in another thread: long press in a text input field, change Input Method from Korean Keyboard back to SwiftKey. But I don't know why it changed in the first place.

A
    nelsonsdive likes this.
  3. sushidushi

sushidushi Member

It's pretty easy to keep your finger in the wrong place for too long and accidentally change the language, but glad you now know how to change it back again! It can be slightly alarming at first.
  4. CraigusX10i

CraigusX10i New Member

I have found the same problem today also!

Not sure how to change it back though.....
  5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

In your text input box long press until you get a pop up and select the Input Method option, then select either Default/Standard or Android... this should get you back to your normal keyboard.
  6. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Active Member

Thanks guys - and yes - alarming it was!

-A.