keyboard activation in the browser

Last Updated:

1. OTL

OTL New Member This Topic's Starter

i am getting odd behavior from the default browser. I go to this (Rohars Roughnecks GuildWars&#0153 Progress Tracker - Login Page) page to enter in login information but the silly phone wont bring up the keyboard to let me type.

what does the browser key off to launch the keyboard? it seems to work on other sites...at least google...i dont browse alot on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. deedub

deedub Well-Known Member

Mine wont bring up the keyboard until I actually touch or trackball select the area where the text is to be input. Once it is highlighted, the keyboard pops up.

3. OTL

OTL New Member This Topic's Starter

I can put the cursor in the text field, but no control that I touch, fondle, stroke, smash or cuss at does anything. I think it is the web site doing something the android browser doesnt understand.

Is there some magic button or sequence to bring up the keyboard? the silly thing seems to come up on its own when i dont want it.

4. dot_sent

dot_sent New Member

Same problem here, but on the other site. Unfortunately, my site is a corporate web app, so I can not give a link. The only thing I can add is that this site uses HTML5 a lot.