Keyboard and wrist position

Last Updated:

1. cdtdelta

cdtdelta Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    Has anyone else noticed that the slide-out keyboard on the DROID seems to be set up in a way that one's wrist is bent a bit "painfully"? It's really hard for me to use the slide out keyboard without my right wrist hurting after a few minutes. It seems as though the "mouse" throws the whole thing off (and to be honest I think I've only used it twice).

Anyway wondering if anyone else felt the same or if it was just me.

Thanks ahead of time,
    CdtDelta

Advertisement
  2. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Well it doesn't make my wrist hurt but my right hand thumb has to reach out farther which I am still getting used to. I am glad that they put the mouse on there because sometimes it is hard to hit a small link on a web page with my finger.

3. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

I have more of a problem with the left side being too close to the edge. I find it hard to get at the q and a keys.

4. scorpio21

scorpio21 Member

YES!!!! I have both issues....my right wrist hurting and my right thumb having to reach all the way. I'm trying to figure out a different way to type. I have a friend who uses her left thumb and right index finger when she types on her BB keyboard. I've been trying this method.

5. Amaroth

Amaroth Well-Known Member

i actually use the d-pad and keyboard a lot despite what everybody says...

6. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

hehe, I'm opposite, after trying it a few time the first day, I stopped using the slide out keyboard, the landscape virtual kb is my favorite.

7. themaker

themaker Member

I used to have the LG Voyager and that keyboard was great. The buttons were raised and you could feel them better, and the best thing was the space bar was off to the side, basically right underneath where your thumb would naturally rest so hitting it was easy. The space bar on the Droid is where it would be on a full size keyboard which is awkward for a keyboard of this size. It does force you to reach unnaturally while texting.

The keyboard didn't have to be so sleek/small on this phone. If you are going to make a keyboard on it, it should be substantially better than the touch screen one, imo.

This is my biggest gripe about the phone and it doesn't bother me a ton, but I hope the future generation improves on this. I am getting used to it, but it is still not great.