Keyboard auto-correct only on some apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The keyboard auto-correct works fine on some apps, like messages (texting). But in some apps, such as the browser, it doesn't auto-correct my typing? So i could be typing in a google search in my browser and i'll get all these typos. Whats going on?

Advertisement
  2. govno64

govno64 New Member

I have the same problem. This is also the case when using the condensed QWERTY keyboard option under settings (which I really like, since it reminds me of my beloved Blackberry Pearl), and I also cant change it to XT9 in these same boxes. There seems to be some kind of differentiation between the coding for various text input boxes. Not sure if there's a fix for this. Anyone?

3. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

It's just an unfortunate convention of Android. It seems some searches, contact names, and URL are limited to multitap in the numeric keypad designation.

My quickest way around that was to rotate and use the landscape keyboard for that particular input field.

4. govno64

govno64 New Member

Yeah, problem is, it still doesn't auto correct. Which is particularly annoying when using a search box in Google.