Keyboard Being annoyingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rhysjones

Rhysjones Member This Topic's Starter

I LOVE the "touchpal" keyboard on my Pulse
    The only thing is that when i tye quickly, which i tend to do it changes to the standard or cooltek(or whaever it is) one, which i don't want
    is there any way of disabling these?

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Warning: This is not a helpful post

What are you talking about? Touchpal? Pulse? cooltek? Is this a Droid we're talking about here?

Is this the on screen keyboard you are talking about or the hardware keyboard?

3. Rhysjones

Don't treat me like a child, ofc I'm talking about an Android phone
    the t-mobile PULSE who's keyboard is made by TOUCHPAL and has 3 keyboards, one of which being COOLTEK

4. Rhysjones

Don't treat me like a child, ofc I'm talking about an Android phone
    the t-mobile PULSE who's keyboard is made by TOUCHPAL and has 3 keyboards, one of which being COOLTEK

5. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia, you can install a custom ROM on it, and it includes an update to the "Touchpal" keyboard.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t...m-on-the-pulse-yes-you-can-now-with-download/

This is not a mainstream Android phone so finding information on it is going to be hard. By the way, this is the Motorola Droid forum, so you aren't going to find much help here anyway.

Also, I was able to find all this in 10 seconds on Google. Maybe try that next time.

EDIT: A better thread for the custom ROM. You'll need to do the reading yourself.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t...-u8230-vanilla-style-now-with-online-kitchen/

Rhysjones likes this.
  6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

LOL. I wasn't treating you like a child. Try searching on a forum for your phone next time. Obviously I'm going to be confused if you're posting asking questions about a completely different phone on a MOTOROLA DROID support forum.

7. Rhysjones

I didn't see that part
    I feel silly now xD

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It's a common mistake - for some odd reason DROID has come to (cooloquially) mean *any* Android phone - I had to set a few jokers in my class when our professor asked about the difference between the Droid Eris and the DROID - they said all of them are droid phnoes, and I had to step up and tell 'em "No, they are all "Android -based phones - there is only one phone referred to as the DROID, which is the DROID, and the other, the Droid Eris, is referred to as Eris or Droid Eris. Droid != Android.

It happens left and right, one guy asked me if I had seen the new DROID phone, and I said I had it, and he asked to look at it, and then said this wasn't the one, he meant that one with the little ball that lit up and such....

Another girl asked me which Droid phone she should get, then told me that she was with Sprint....