Keyboard Buttons bending - on my second phone, what gives

Last Updated:

1. martini

martini New Member This Topic's Starter

So I have had a bunch of problems with my droid keyboards. What is happening is that the corner of the keyboard buttons will bend up - it then gets caught on my cover, or on the phone as it slides.

I originally had the problem with the lower left hand corner of the I button, I replaced the phone and got a 'certified like new' phone from verizon. Now the lower left hand corner of my R button is starting to have the same problem.

If I move my finger over the board, the corner will actually poke my finger.

What gives? Is anyone else having this problem?

I am very careful with the phone and don't do anything unusual. I wonder if I am dragging my fingers as I message, etc.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Never seen this or heard of it. Can you post a pic? I would love to see what you're speaking of.

3. martini

martini New Member This Topic's Starter

Here is what it looks like... difficult to photograph but you get the idea. The phone i brought back was twice as bad...it had peeled up enough that it actually snagged on the sliding portion of the phone and prevented the phone from opening...there are other buttons that look similar but are not actually lifted yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mystereon

mystereon Active Member

Are you using the gel-type case for your phone, particularly the Verizon one. I have seen others with this same issues, the gel case rubs against the keys and eventually starts to pull them up. I would switch to a hard-plastic or one of those Seidio cases (I have had both and the latter is far superior).

5. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

WTF, your keyboard is way different than mine. I was like how the hell is it peeling, that's impossible... but yours is different from mine.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Just how hard are you pressing down when you're typing? Just going by the pics, that appears to be what is causing the issue.

7. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member

Wow there definitely are two different keyboards. My pop out, yours look like they dip in.

8. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

+1

9. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

wow those keys are flat, mine are bubbled in the middle. maybe the screen is dragging on them?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

OUCH! Those keys look like they have seen some serious stress.:eek: Have you considered using the virtual keyboard? Those keys guaranteed to stay flat.:eek:
    Just a thought. One more thought...are you maybe using a pencil or pen to press the keys? That might do it. That might put undue pressure on the keys and
    cause them to lift up.

11. dado150

dado150 New Member

Just looking at my keys ans I hardly use them and I'm getting the same issue where they are rolling up. My phone is on a month old.

12. TBreezy

TBreezy Member

It has happened to me but not as bad as yours.

13. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Mine does that too...But I make sure to flatten out all the keys about once a week and I've never had it curl like that. Both my Droids have had this problem as well.