Keyboard changed on it's own...General

1. mikes1

mikes1 Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning and started replying to a message that I got overnight and realized that for no reason at all my keyboard had changed itself to the swype keyboard that's built it to the S3. Has anybody had this happen before? I'm on Verizon and usually I use a keyboard from the play store called Jellybean 4.2 keyboard

Advertisement
  2. mikes1

mikes1 Well-Known Member

And now 5 hours later it also did it again. I switched it to my downloaded keyboard, and then I did a few things, went to breakfast and when it was time to reply to another message there it was again...the swype keyboard keeps making itself the default keyboard...what the floop?
  3. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

Happens to me every time I restart my phone. Known bug without a fix as far as I know. Very irritating.
  4. mikes1

mikes1 Well-Known Member

Oh ok. This just started happening to me randomly and I restart my phone every day. I wonder why it just started doing it
  5. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Happens to me all the time, swiftkey being replaced by stock. Luckily for me I don't mind stock. It is slightly annoying though.
  6. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member

7. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

My Verizon s3 also has strange keyboard issues. After a reboot the keyboard takes a ridiculous amount of time to launch when first launched. After that it works fine.
  8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Happened to me when i got JB. Kept defaulting to samsung keyboard after a reboot... SO annoying!
    Im in UK on non-carrier s3 but duno if any of the minor updates have fixed it coz im usin a TW based custom rom but its fine for me now