• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Given the $80 price tag for something that taps the screen for you (yep, that's how this works) cheap knock offs are almost a certainty.

Bluetooth slide-out keyboard shown back on the Galaxy S4 -

Galaxy_S4_Slideout_Keyboard.jpg

$23 on Amazon over a year ago.

Unless you really want a BlackBerry sort of feel.

Reactions: MLSS and KOLIO
Upvote 0
It doesn't simulate a touch, it touches.

Ever see the generic stylii with metal bodies and a bit of conductive foam at the tip? They sell them at gas station and drug store check out counters. I have a little better one, integrated ink pen - works a treat.

This thing is metal keys on a spring matrix with basically a little foam pad below each key.

Touch key, pad hits hidden keyboard on screen underneath. It's all conductive like the cheap pens - the phone registers a touch screen tap.

No simulation about it - it's that simple.

Upvote 0
So what you're saying is, if Samsung had a child available when they were making the decision, they could have heard ahead of time what the problem is.
So, you put a piece of plastic over a keyboard on the screen to transfer my touches from the plastic to the screen for me. It's a building, what fun is a building?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones