Keyboard dead zone

Last Updated:

1. bronskrat

bronskrat Member This Topic's Starter

It seems that my screen now has a dead zone in the bottom-right part of the screen. When I go to type the letters p,l or DEL, i get the letters to the left of them (o,k,m). The odd thing is that I can click directly on o,k,m and it works fine. It's almost like the keys were remapped.

Anyone else experience this one? Defective phone? I've had it for quote a while -- no cracks in it, no bad falls. Help! :(

Oh, and a restart or a battery pull did not fix it.

Advertisement
  2. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member

Hmm, has it happened since you downloaded an app? Check your recent app downloads and check if the app had permission to change your keyboard. Another thing you could do is find a keyboard replacement on the market, then go to settings and change the keyboard.

Also, welcome to the Android forums!

3. bronskrat

Wow, even with a keyboard replacement the same thing happens! Hardware problem then? I might take it to Verizon at lunch. Maybe they'll give me a new Droid X or something!

4. bronskrat

Just to end the thread, I went to Verizon and they're sending me a new phone. I guess I'll know it's an app after I reinstall everything. He also said all my purchased apps would download/install from Google. I didn't know that (if it's true).